one.

𝙴𝚡𝚌𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛𝚜!

𝗟𝗶𝗯𝗲𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗖𝗶𝘁𝘆, 𝗚𝗲𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗶𝗮𝟭𝟱 𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗕𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗺𝗶

𝟭𝟱 𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗕𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗺𝗶

     THE BRIGHT SUN glistened down on Noelle and Diamond as they walked down the street. It was finally a hot day and everybody was outside enjoying the weather. The weatherman had predicted three H's for the day: hot, humid, and hazy. The smell of meat cooking on a grill nearby swirled around in Noelle's nostrils. Shortly after, her stomach began to growl.

     "So, Jesse came over last night." A small grin appeared on Diamond's face as she looked over at her best friend.

     "Jesse? Don't tell me y'all fucked." Noelle scrunched up her face. Noelle hated Jesse and didn't know what she saw in him.

     "Girl, he was knockin' the boots like H-Town!" Diamond blushed as she replayed the scene over and over in her head.

"What do you see in him?"

     "What? He's funny, sweet, and makin' money. What's the problem?"

     "Nothing. As long as you're happy, I'm happy." Noelle plastered a smile on her face, revealing the braces she hated so much. She knew Diamond like the back of her hand and knew that she wasn't going to keep Jesse around. Diamond hated monogamy. Her only focus was making money.

     "Damn Rico! You lettin' that boy whoop your ass!" One of the barbers yelled as they stood outside the barber shop. All of the barbers yelled along with him as they watched a basketball game that was going on at the basketball court across the street.

     "Now what they need to do is let me get on the court." Diamond chimed in as she watched them play as well. It was no secret that she was one of the best basketball players in the neighborhood.

     As they continued to gossip, a man walked out the barbershop with his friend following behind. "Wassup Dee?" The man nodded his head at Diamond, making eye contact with Noelle as well.

     "Wassup Benji." Diamond greeted back, shocked to see her childhood friend back in town after disappearing nearly two years ago. "What 'chu doin' back in Liberty City? I thought you moved away for good?"

     BENJI laughed and pulled her in for a hug. It was the same question his close friends and family asked once stepped foot in his old neighborhood. "I did. Now I'm back handling business."