twenty.

Noelle W.

I woke up and checked the time which read one-thirty p.m. I had no missed calls or texts from Benji which meant he was mad at me. I rolled my eyes and walked into the living room. I noticed a key sitting on the table and grabbed it. I placed my shoes back on, grabbed my phone and left the room. I didn't even feel like calling him.

I stepped on the elevator and pressed the button to the first floor. The elevator doors shut and I looked in the mirror behind me, fixing my messy hair. The elevator stopped on the third floor and opened. Two men stepped on the elevator before the doors quickly shut.

"How you doin'?" One of the men asked me. Great, they wanted to have a conversation.

"Fine." I spoke dryly.

"You here alone or...." he trailed off, waiting for my answer.

"No I'm with my boyfriend."

"Damn, thought I had a chance." He told me as the elevator doors opened revealing the lobby.

"It was nice meeting you." He bit his lip at me before I walked off the elevator. He would've never had a chance even if I didn't have a man. He was wearing pink cargo shorts with a floral top and nude Ralph Lauren loafers. He was dressed like an Ivy League white boy and he was black.

I roamed through the lobby before making my way outside to the pool area. It wasn't that crowded which made me want to go swimming. There was also a restaurant back here and the smell of food made my mouth water. My phone rang in my hand and Diamond's name appeared on the screen. She was trying to FaceTime me.

I answered and waited for it connect before I saw both her and Jamir's face.

"Hey! Look at you! Enjoying the sun!" Jamir yelled.

"Yeah I just woke up. I'm outside now. Look." I quickly switched the camera and showed them the back of the hotel, the restaurant, the pool, and the palm trees.

"It's so pretty there! Next time we all have to go!" Tai smiled. I noticed people walking past the restaurant and to the boardwalk behind the hotel.

"Yeah we should come here for my birthday." I told them as I followed the people. The boardwalk went a long way and when I looked at the hotel online, I noticed the boardwalk was connected to the beach, meaning that we weren't that far away from it.

I looked up from my phone and saw that we were right on the beach.

"It's a beach in the back of our hotel." I told them, showing them the entire thing.

"Damn! Benji did a good job." Jamir said. I snatched off my shoes and walked down a few steps before I stepped on the sand.

"Don't get close to that water girl!" Diamond yelled making me laugh.

"Diamond it's okay I can swim."

"Okay but bitch your phone can't." She told me. I looked over and spotted Benji walking into the water with his phone in the air. He didn't even think to tell me about this.

"Look at your brother." I said to Diamond before she laughed at him.

"Girl I saw his live video on Instagram that's why I called you."

"He's mad at me but he'll get over it." I rolled my eyes.

"Why? Y'all should be having fun." Jamir said.