43 - Ashes

My mother's ashes are currently sitting at the undertakers waiting to be collected

I keep saying I'll be round but somehow I never arrive there.

The problem is, that I feel I should go and get them but what happens then? I certainly do not want to keep them in my house. The thought makes me want to shudder.

I have no idea where my mother's favourite's places were and it doesn't seem right to scatter them where my other family wishes to be left to rest, as she caused them some heartache.

I'm considering driving to the coast and walking to the end of the pier an hour away and tipping them over the side into the sea. It's what other people do but is it the right for her? So I am left in a quandary.

They remain on the shelf at the undertakers gathering dust. I feel bad but until I have the answer that's where they have to stay. I've been thinking about it for a year and still I'm no closer to resolving this dilemma.

Duty is a funny thing, it runs deep in my veins.

I wonder if my mother had been in my shoes would she have thought so deeply about it or even cared? The answer to that eludes me also.

And so I wait until the answer presents itself.

If you liked this chapter please do vote (please hit the star) and if you have time to comment that would mean so much to me, as your feedback inspires me and I thrive on feedback.

No part of this may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission of the authors.

Many thanks, Kimberley S B Lieb