47 - Addendum 1 - Salute

This has been a strange few days and not an ordinary course of events.

On Thursday late evening my gut told me that my beautiful special Missy tabby cat was not very well. Her body attached to me like virtual Velcro and required my constant attention, only accepting home cooked chicken or fish hand fed. Her cries were constant as were her requests to be stroked.

The trip to the vets was a sombre affair not made easier by her basket breaking and as I made a temporary repair; it felt like a bad omen. It was.

I stayed with my beautiful tabby cat as the angels took her away from the pain she was experiencing from the large tumour they found. Missy Cat's age of 20 years not giving her many options. I cried a million tears as I laid her to rest under a tree one of closest friends bought for me, in order she is close to her family always. I plan to plant forget me knots and poppies, so she has colour to surround her this summer as well as love.

My home seems bereft without her presence and strange.

Missy was a special cat. I have had other moggies but none I have loved the way I did her.

She moved into my house when she was a young cat, deciding that she preferred my home to that of her owners. Missy use to spread herself over my old border collie's bed and only allow him a small corner of his mattress. Right from the start she made her presence known.

Missy when she was hungry had a habit of letting you know by crawling underneath the quilt and nipping my big toe. When fast asleep I screamed and shook my foot and Missy still attached, her nimble paws jumped and slid onto the wooden box in my room never attempting that act again.

However, it didn't stop her being devious in her attempts to have breakfast delivered promptly. She was known to lie on my head and purr loudly, chewing my hair, which did not find favour with me. Another favourite she enjoyed was to lie in the crook of my arm with her head hanging over my elbow.

Missy was unique, her beautiful shadow constant as I moved around the house and garden. Like a dog, she liked to know where I was and be nearby. Her gentle loving nature was always welcomed by my family and friends.

Without doubt she was a great companion that comforted me through the many ups and downs in my life and I miss her so but I am pleased that she found her way into my house and stayed. I was indeed fortunate that she chose me.

Let's raise a toast to past friends, gone but never forgotten.

And although this is sad, I had good unexpected big news on the way that cushioned this big loss.

If you liked this chapter please do vote (please hit the star) and if you have time to comment that would mean so much to me, as your feedback inspires me and I thrive on feedback.

No part of this may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission of the authors.

Many thanks, Kimberley S B Lieb