Babysitting and Penny Boards

Josh's P.O.V

The next day came quicker than I thought. I got dressed and walked over to Blue's house. I knocked on the door and Emerald opened the door. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Hey Emerald," I said as I entered the house.

"Hey Josh!" She giggled.

I walked into the living room to see Sawyer and Blue talking. Sawyer's outfit is the same old same old but Blue was dressed in a gray crop top, denim shorts, black converse and her hair was braided. How does this girl look so good in everything?

"Hey you two," I smiled at them.

"Hey Josh. Ready to go Sawyer?" Blue asked Sawyer.

"Yeah. Let's go," Sawyer nodded as they stood up.

They walked to the door and Sawyer walked out. Blue turned to me.

"Thanks again Josh," Blue smiled at me.

"No problem," I nodded at her with a smile as she closed the door behind her.

"You still like Blue, don't you?" Emerald asked as I turned to face her and she had a smile planted on her face.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked her as we sat down on the couch.

"Yeah," Emerald nodded, "Is the only reason why you are babysitting because you want Blue to like you again?"

"No actually. I wasn't going to be doing anything today so I thought might as well get to know you," I smiled at her.

"Well we could talk about me but let's talk about Blue," Emerald smirked.

"Okay. What about her?" I asked her.

"Well. What do you like about her?" Emerald asked me.

"I like how she's so nice to her fans. I like how she doesn't care about what people think about her. I like how she doesn't care how she looks in public. I love her hair. I love her eyes and how they sparkle. I love her laugh. I love her," I explained.

Emerald smiled, "Did you notice you went from like to love?"

I thought for a minute and blushed and scratched the back of my neck, "Dang, I actually did."

"Do you know that Sawyer also likes Blue?" Emerald asked me.

"Really? I-I don't want to lose Blue to her," I sighed.

"Well you won't as long as you don't hurt Blue," Emerald smiled.

"I don't plan to," I shrugged, "What do you want to do?"

"Can you tell me about how you and Blue began to date?" Emerald asked me, "When I asked her about you in California, she wouldn't tell me."

"Sure," I smiled at her, "Well two years ago, I moved here with my brother Cameron. We met Blue and her family and I just couldn't stop thinking about her. She was different then other girls that I met. She was, unique. She's was my first kiss, my first love, my first girlfriend. Makih has sabatoshed us twice now and the most recent one ruined our relationship. I just wish I knew how to fix it."

"Well, maybe I can help," Emerald smiled.

"How will you help?" I asked her.

"Well, I know that Blue has written a few songs about you. A few sad songs and actually, a few love songs. One of them is called, 'The Boy Next Door'. I know for a fact that it's about you," Emerald explained.

"Is it a good song?" I asked her.

"Actually, yeah," Emerald smiled as she crossed her legs on the couch.

"What do you want do?" I asked her.

"Do you want to learn how to penny board?" Emerald asked.

"Um, sure," I nodded.

We both stood up and Emerald ran to Blue's room. She came back with two penny boards. She handed me one and I gulped. We walked outside and to the street. She put the penny board down and put hers down.

"You ready to learn?" She asked.

"Sure," I nodded as I put the penny board on the ground.

"What foot will you push off on?" Emerald asked me.

"My right," I nodded.

"So put your left foot behind the two front bolts, like this," Emerald explained as she put her left foot behind the two front bolts.

I copied what Emerald was doing and gulped.

"Now when you push off have your right foot behind the left at an angle. Also leen the way you want to turn. And to stop, just drag your foot, gently on the ground," Emerald explained, "Now try it."

I nodded and pushed off. I kept my balance and pushed off faster.

"Damn, I'm doing it!" I smiled.

"Yeah, but you suck," Emerald laughed.

"Rude much?" I chuckled.

"No. I'm telling the truth," She smiled at me.

I laughed, "Wow."

Hours passed and Emerald and I laid down on the couch, cuddling. Emerald fell asleep on my stomach and I just laid there, staring at the ceiling. I thought about how this school year will be different and how Emerald is willing to help me out. The front door to the house opened up and in walked Blue and Sawyer. I sat up and held Emerald in my arms.

"Hey you two, how'd it go?" I asked them as I stood up.

"Good. He now knows where the school is and everything," Blue smiled, "How'd Emerald behave?"

"She was great," I smiled back.

"Mommy?" Emerald yawned and stretched.

"Hey babycakes. How did Josh do with babysitting?" Blue asked.

"Great. We had great conversations about a lot of things," Emerald smiled.

"About?" Blue asked. 

"That's our little secret," Emerald giggled, "Can he babysit for me again?"

"As long as it's okay with him then I don't see why not," Blue nodded.

"I would love to babysit again for Emerald," I nodded, "I'm going to head out. Bye you three."

I made my way to the front door and walked out.

"Bye Josh!" Emerald waved behind me.

I turned and waved at her, "By Emerald!"