A Time Skip and Operation Dancing

Blue's P.O.V

It's been five months since the big Emerald thing. It's now February. The reason the author did such a big time skip is because nothing really happened, except for Emerald coming back. Sawyer has been quiet recently and it's kinda bugging me. I gulped softly as I sat down next to Sawyer.

"What's going on lately. You've been distant and it's kinda scaring me," I sighed.

"It's hard to explain," He sighed back.

"That's why I'm here. You need to explain this to me Sawyer," I explained.

"Well. Here it goes," He started, "I auditioned to be in the touring cast of The Lightning Thief and I got Percy. I leave for rehearsals in a month."

"Wow. I'm so happy for you," I smiled at him.

"Thanks. Wanna go sit under the willow tree?" He asked me.

I nodded. We stood and walked to the park. We sat down under the willow tree and sighed. I'm going to miss this guy. He's been a great friend to me and a great role model for Emerald.

"If I can't help you adopt Emerald, you should ask Josh to," Sawyer suggested.

"And why's that?" I asked him.

"Because Emerald gets along with him better than she gets along with me. They have this connection that I don't even think you and Emerald have. Trust me, have Josh help you to adopt Emerald," Sawyer smiled at me.

"Okay. Thanks Sawyer," I smiled.

"No problem Blue," He nodded.

About an hour later we got up and walked to the house. I sat down in the living room as Sawyer went to my room to sleep. I took out my writing book and began to look through my list of songs. 'Braids' is probably my all time favorite. It's about a little girl who always wears braids and it tells the story about how each braid means something different to her.

Emerald's P.O.V

Josh and I laughed as we made our way to my house. I opened the door to see mommy sitting on the couch. I took off my jacket and kicked off my snow boots. Josh did the same and we walked into the living room.

"Hey Blue," Josh smiled at her.

"Hey Josh," She smiled back.

"I'm hungry," I whined, getting an idea in my head.

Operation get Josh and mommy to dance, is in action.

"What do you want to eat?" Mommy asked me.

"Chinese food?" I smiled.

"I guess we can order some," Mommy chuckled.

"I'm buying," Josh smiled.

"You don't have to Josh. It's all good, and you are the guest after all," Mommy sighed.

"But it's the gentleman's thing to do," he sighed back.

I giggled softly and handed mommy the menu. I pointed at what I wanted and she called the place. I sat down on the couch pulling Josh next to me so I was in the middle of Josh and mommy.

"So what did you two do today?" Mommy asked us.

"We went to PINZ and played a bunch of arcade games. I'm saving up my tickets and Josh kept winning a bunch for me," I giggled.

"Wow. Seems like you two had fun," Mommy chuckled.

I took mommy's phone and went onto her playlists. I clicked the jamming songs playlist and, 'Steal My Girl' by One Direction began to play. I smirked to my self as I stood up and began to dance along. I pulled Josh and mommy up also and began to have a mini dance party. When mommy wasn't looking I took her phone and added 'I Can't Help Falling In Love' by Elvis Presley up next. I tip toed away to the bedroom hallway and 'Steal My Girl' ended. 'I Can't Help Falling In Love' began to play and Josh pulled mommy close to him as they began to slow dance.

"This feels nice," Mommy smiled at Josh.

"It does," Josh smiled back.

"So. Sawyer told me something today that kinda surprised me," Mommy started. 

"Okay. What happened?" Josh asked.

"He said you should help me adopt Emerald instead of him," Mommy explained.

"Really?" Josh asked, shocked.

"Yeah, would you want to help me adopt her?" Mommy asked Josh.

"Of course I would. That little munchkin is so freaking cute," Josh chuckled.

"So she would be our daughter," Mommy smiled. 

"Yeah. Our daughter," Josh smiled back.

The song continued and I watched them closely. They began to lean in. Come on you two! Kiss! Just then, the doorbell rang. They pulled away quickly and mommy rushed to the door with money. I groaned to my self and ran to Josh. I hugged him from behind and giggled.

"Why are you so giggly?" Josh chuckled.

"I was spying on you and mommy," I giggled.

"Emerald," Josh sighed.

"Foods here you two," Mommy smiled at us as she put the bag of food in front of us.

We all began to eat as I put on my favorite kinda old t.v show. Peter Rabbit. The whole time Mommy kept snickering as Josh looked embarrassed. I raised an eyebrow at them.

"What's so funny?" I asked them.

"You know Pig Robison?" Josh asked me.

"Yeah. What about him?" I asked him.

"I voiced his character when I was younger," Josh smiled.

"What?!" I yelled, "That high pitch voice is you?!"

"Surprisingly, yes," Josh chuckled.

"My gosh your voice has changed," I laughed. 

A few hours later and I got up, 'going' to mommy's room. I watched Josh and mommy from the hallway and listened into their conversation.

"Emerald seems to enjoy you," Mommy smiled.

"Yeah. She really sweet and fun to be around," Josh chuckled.

"Thanks for babysitting her so much," Mommy thanked Josh.

"No problem. Really she isn't a problem," Josh smiled at mommy.

"Good," Mommy sighed.

Josh and mommy sat there looking at each other. Josh pulled mommy into a hug and kissed her forehead. He then pulled away and stood up.

"I should go. See yeah Blue," He smiled as he walked out.

"Bye Josh," Mom smiled back.

Once Josh was out the door I leaned against the doorframe and smirked, "You like him, don't you?"

"Go get dressed for bed Emerald."