Contract and Signing

Blue's P.O.V

It's now April and time is crunching. Heathers The Musical show is in May,  I graduate in May and I also found a place to live with Emerald. It's a two bedroom apartment across the street from my mother's house. I also got my license which is great and adopted Emerald. I didn't need Josh to help me adopt Emerald but now I need to make sure I'm keeping her safe and okay. As I was writing a song in my song journal my phone began to ring. I picked it up and it was my agent. I answered it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Blue. Do you have a minute to join a business call with me?" Parker my agent asked me.

"Uh yeah. Just let me finish writing this sentence," I stated as I ended the song and closed my book.

"Hello is this Blue Ortiz and her agent Parker Banks?" An unfamiliar man's voice asked.

"Yes. This is she," I said hesitantly.

"This is William Tyler. I work as a music producer for Capital Records and I want to sign you to our record label," William stated.

"Wait really? Is this a dream?" I asked.

"Nope. No dream. We want you to sign to us," William stated.

"I would love to!" I smiled.

"Great. The contract will be sent to Parker's office. You'll go down to his office, read the contract and sign. Thank you Blue and have a nice day," William stated before hanging up.

"Oh. My. God!" I giggled.

"Blue. Hold yourself together," Parker stated as he snapped me out of my trance.

"I'm trying Parker. This is a big deal," I explained.

"Well I'll send you an email when I get the contract. Bye Blue," Parker stated.

"Bye!" I hung up an squealed. 

The next few days Emerald and I hung out together at the school for Heathers rehearsal. When I was on stage either Emma, Cameron or Josh kept her busy. She has definitely got attached to Josh and he treats her like a daughter. It makes me happy to see him acting like a father to her. Right now we are at Heather rehearsal and I got the call saying to go down to Parker's office to sign the contract. I told Emerald I'd be back in twenty minutes. I told Harris where I was going and told Emma to watch Emerald. I ran out to the car and drove to Parker's office. I got out of the car and walked into Parker's office.

"Hey Parker," I smiled at the brunette man that stood in front of me.

"Hey Blue. You ready to read the contract?" Parker asked.

I nodded and we read through the whole contract. I had Parker record me signing the contract and I smiled. I just signed to Capital Records.

"They want you to start recording your music as soon as possible," Parker explained.

"I can start after rehearsal today," I stated.

"Great. Come by after rehearsal," Parker smiled.

I left the office and drove back to school. I got out and walked into the auditorium. Emerald ran to me and I picked her up, hugging her.

"Harris can I share my news?" I asked as everyone went quiet.

"Of course Blue," Harris smiled.

"I just signed a contract with Capital Records," I smiled.

Everyone clapped and I sat down with Emerald on my lap. Josh sat on my right as Emma sat on my left.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Emma asked.

"It would of ruined my chance of signing with Capital Records," I explained.

"That's such an amazing opportunity. Congrats," Josh smiled at me.

"Thanks Josh," I smiled back.

"No problem Blue."