Auditions and Emerald

Blue's P.O.V

I woke up to my alarm and sighed. I turned it off and climbed out of bed. I put my earrings in along with my belly button ring. I grabbed clothes and walked behind the changing station and changed into a gray crop top, black skater skirt and black converse. I walked out and Sawyer walked behind. I woke Emerald. The high school starts a week earlier that the elementary school so Emerald has another week before school starts.

Once Sawyer was ready we walked downstairs with two penny boards. We walked outside with Kyle who also had a penny board and met up with Emma, Josh and Cameron. I looked at Josh who had a penny board with him. I raised an eyebrow and we all began to skate to school. Wow. Where did he learn how to skate in under two days? Wait. Emerald. Once we got to school we got our schedules and looked at each other's.

"Wow. We have only one class together," Sawyer groaned.

"That means we have all the same classes together," Angie smiled behind him.

"Sawyer. This is Angie. One of my good friends," I explained.

"Hi Angie. It's nice to meet you," He smiled.

"It's nice to meet you to Sawyer," Angie nodded.

"Emma. We have two classes together. The musical an ELA," I explained.

"I have four classes with you Blue," Cameron explained.

"We have all the same classes," Josh explained as he compared our schedules.

"At least I'll have a good friend with me," I smiled. 

The day went by fast and soon it was the end of the day. I walked out to the meet up place and smiled at Emma. I handed Cameron my phone and Emma and I climbed the tree. We held hands and hung upside down. Once Cameron took our picture we climbed down from the tree and made our way back inside of the school building. Today was auditions for Heathers and I'm not really nervous. I was the first to audition. I walked into the audition space and at Harris and Caroline.

"Hello Blue. Do you have your permission slip?" Harris asked.

"Yup," I nodded as I handed them the paper.

"What will you be singing for us today?" Harris smiled.

"Fight For Me," I smiled back.

I sang with everything I had. I always dreamed of being Veronica. If my dream comes true, I would be so happy. As I finished the song Harris and Caroline were clapping pretty loudly. I took a little bow.

"One question. If you were to get Veronica, would it be awkward with whoever JD is?" Caroline asked.

"No. Veronica is a character so it would not be awkward," I smiled.

"Thank you," Caroline smiled.

I thanked Caroline and Harris and walked out. Emma hugged me and then walked in. I sat down and began to start up on homework. I fucking hate school.

About and hour passed and everyone in our group finished. We all began to skate home, laughing and talking about random shit. When we got to my house I opened the door, hoping to see Emerald. We walked into the living room and sat down. I turned my head to see my mom looking at me with sorrow eyes.

"Mom. What's wrong?" I asked as everyone went quiet.

"You will hate me," She states as she shook her head.

"What happened?" I asked as I stood up.

"I put Emerald up for adoption," She whispered.

"You what?!" I yelled.

"I can't take care of another child Blue," She explained.

"B-but. Now I have to wait until I'm 18 to adopt her!" I yelled.

"In the state of Massachusetts, you have to be in a relationship to adopt," My mother explained.

I turned to Sawyer, "Sawyer. Once you turn 18,  can we adopt Emerald?"

"Of course. But we'd need to get our own place before that because if not then they won't let us adopt her," He explained.

"You won't be able to adopt her until you graduate," My mother explained.

"But...I need her in my life. If I can't be there for her, I won't be doing the right thing," I cried.

"Blue. She's find a great family-" My mother started.

"I am her family. I raised her from when her mother went into the hospital until I came here. I deserve to have the right to adopt her before I graduate. And I'm doing college online after I graduate," I explained.

"Blue. By state of law, you are still a minor," My mom sighed.

"Can I make a deal with you?" I asked her.

"What's the deal?" She asked.

"If Sawyer and I can fix up Alex and Tyler's old room, can we adopt Emerald once we turn 18. I will do anything to have Emerald in my life," I explained.

"Even give up YouTube?" She asked.

"Even give up YouTube," I nodded.

"How about this. Since I had Emerald dropped off by a friend of mine, your father and I will foster her. We will foster her until you graduate but once you graduate, you need to adopt her," My mother explained.

"I'll do it," I nodded as I wiped my tears.

"Okay. You're father and I will head over right now to go see what we can do," My mother sighed.

"Thank you."