Chapter 14

Harry and Ron were struggling to find dates to the Yule ball, which I found hilarious. Hermione and I already had dates.

Viktor and Fred.

I know it was a shock to me as well when Fred asked me to accompany him to the ball. But I happily accepted and told Hermione straight away. When she told me Vik had asked her, I screamed. I didn't think Vik had the guts to ask her. Looks like my convincing and threatening skills are still better than ever.

"Hermione, Sophie, your both girls." Ron pointed out.

"Really? I didn't notice." I deadpanned. Hermione giggled next to me.

"Sophie, I know you already have a date, but Hermione. Its one thing for a bloke to go alone, but for a girl, thats sad." He continued, ignoring me.

"Well for your information Ronald, I was asked and I accepted it." Hermione huffed, storming off. I shrugged at Ron before running after my best friend.

"Ignore him, he's a git." I told Hermione and she nodded.

Later that day there was a crowd blocking the pathway and I was already late to class. I pushed through the crowd and found Harry.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"Ron's just asked out Fleur Delacour." He sighed.

"Oh god, she said no didn't she." I bursted out laughing, causing heads to glance our way. But I couldn't care less.

---------

"Hermione you look absolutely stunning!" I squealed at my best friend. Her pink dress fitted her figure perfectly, her hair was done up in curls, half up half down. Her makeup was simple, but elegant.

"You the one to talk. Look at you!" She fired back. I shook my head at her, but she did have a point.

My outfit was a emerald green, which complemented my red hair. I couldn't help but admire it.

"Thanks." I said and hugged her.

We headed down to the Ball, nervous yet excited. We were late, but that didn't rush us. As we got closer, the music got louder and my nerves flew through the roof.

"Hermione, you go ahead, I'm just ahhh, going to the bathroom." I failed to convince her.

"Oh no, you are entering with me whether you like it or not. You made us late and now your going to let everyone watch you." She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the edge of the stairs.

Hermione pushed me out for everyone to see me. I glared at her before looking at everyone.

They were all staring.

I smiled sheepishly at the teachers before walking down the stairs.When I reached the bottom of the stair, Hermione came out. Everyone gasped at the girl. Her face turned red and she went down the stairs faster than I did.

When she reached me, we headed over to our dates, who were staring at us unable to say a word.

I snapped my fingers in front of them and they shook their heads. Hermione and I laughed at them.

"You look.... beautiful." Fred stuttered and I grinned.

"Well, I tried. You don't look to bad yourself." I replied. I looked over at Harry and Ron, who had gone with the twins. Ron's mouth was hanging as he stared at Hermione and Vik.

"She went with him?!" He whispered to Harry. My blood boiled.

"That's my bloody brother, idiot." I thought.

"May the champions and their partners please proceed to the middle of the dance floor for the traditional dance." A voice rung through the hall. I looked at Fred and we headed to the middle.

"What are we supposed to do?" I whispered to him. He just shrugged his shoulder, laughing.

The music started and we tried to follow the others, but ended up stepping on each others feet. We gave up on trying to do it properly, which gained unamused looks from the teachers.

"Do you think anyone's noticed us?" I asked, stifling a laugh.

"Oh absolutely not. We fit right in." Fred replied, sarcastic as ever and I couldn't hold my laughter in any longer.

The music ended and we hadn't realized everyone had joined the champions. We were too busy having fun. Fred offered to get drinks and I went to fin the others.

I found Harry and Ron sitting down by the table, Hermione standing next to them.

"It's a bit hot isn't it? Viktor's gone to get drinks." Hermione gushed and I grinned. I was happy for her and Vik.

"Care to join us later?" She offered. I nodded immediately, but Ron scoffed.

"No, we'd NOT care to join you and Viktor." He spat.

"What's got your panties in a twist." I said, slightly offended.

"He's a Durmstrang. Your fraternizing with the enemy." He exclaimed.

"Excuse me, I'm a Durmstrang, yet you hang out with me." I snapped, irritated.

"The enemy?" Hermione started, "Who was the one wanting his autograph. Besides the whole point of this tournament is international cooperation, to make friends."

"I think he's a bit more than friendship in his mind." He sneered.

At that point, I was fuming. Not only had he hurt myself and my best friend, but he insulted Vik and no one gets away with that.

"How dare you." I spoke in a dangerously low voice. "You have no idea what you're doing to yourself by saying that."

And with that I walked away, wanting nothing more than to hex the living daylights out of Ron.

What I didn't notice was Fred was following me...