Chapter 15

By now I had lost my heels and I'd ripped the bottom part of my dress so I could run faster. I heard footsteps behind me and I panicked, memories flooded my head and I pushed myself to get away from the person chasing me. Tears started streaming down my face as the footsteps came closer when I'd started running faster.

"Sophie!" The voice called but I wouldn't give in. I didn't care at the moment if it was anyone I loved even Vik, though he knows not to chase after me so it wasn't him.

"Sophie please slow down!" The voice got fainter as if they were giving up and I gave a sigh of relief. I slowed my steps into a walk, my breathing the only thing heard in the silent hall.

"Got you." The same voice laughed as they hugged me from behind. I spun around, my wand pointed at their neck. I realized it was Fred and I dropped my wand.

"Don't do that again!" I started pounding my fists on his chest and he laughed. I huffed and turned around.

"I'm sorry." Fred joked in a childish voice as if he was being caught stealing a cookie.

"No you're not." I mumbled and kept walking. He caught up with me and we walked side-by-side.

"You alright?" He stopped and wiped a tear from my check. I leaned in on his hand and sighed.

"Ron just can't keep his mouth shut can't he." I told him and he nodded.

"Ignore him, he's a git. Doesn't know when he's taken it too far." Fred replied and stroked my cheek with his hand.

"I can't ignore him when he's not only insulting me, but Vik and Hermione. They both mean so much to me and to insult all three of us really hits hard. And I know it shouldn't and I should be strong but I can't with everything that's going on." I suppressed a sob and Fred's face filled with concern.

"Hey, come here." Fred pulled me into a hug and I cried. "It's alright to be scared, especially you with all you're going through. You're the strongest person out there and crying only shows you care."

I clutched him for dear life as I continued to cry and held me like I was a fragile china doll. We sat there on the floor for a while as I cried and he said soothing things in my ear. When I was fresh out of tears Fred pulled away and smiled.

"Let's get you to bed, you're exhausted." He told me and I nodded. He picked me up bridal style and I didn't object. I snuggled into his chest and I felt him chuckle.

We reached the Gryffindor common room and bided goodbye as I walked up the stairs to Hermione's dormitory as I didn't want to sleep on the boat despite wanting to see Vik. I entered Hermione's dormitory and she gasped and ran over too me.

"Sophie, where have you been?! I've been so worried about you since you ran off." She cried and ungulfed me in a hug.

"It's ok Hermione, trust me. I just stormed off and got lost. But Fred found me after a while and brought me back." I said, not completely telling the truth. I loved Hermione, but I didn't to share what had happened before.

"Alright, but I was worried. But you said Fred found you?" She asked and I grinned.

"Maybe." I teased and she squealed.

"Can I be the maid of honor and the godmother of your children?" Hermione asked seriously and I gaped at her.

"Excuse me?" I spluttered.

"You heard me." She teased and my face turned red.

"I know, but that's not necessary. I mean, Fred and I are just friends!" I rushed trying not to blush even harder then I was.

"Who said anything about Fred." Hermione smirked and I scoffed at her.

"You did." I replied and she shook her head.

"No, I just asked if I could be the maid of honor and godmother of your children, just a simple question." She told me and I huffed.

"You sneaky little bi-" I started but Hermione cut me off.

"Sophie and Fred, sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-" She sang at the top of her lungs before I tackled her to the ground.

"No!" I laughed as she squirmed underneath me.

"Take that back." I growled playfully.

"Nope." She giggled and stopped struggling.

"I hate you." I grumbled, but stayed where I was.

"Are you going to get up?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Nope." I mimicked her answer and she sighed.

"I figured."

"Go figure."