Chapter 4

A week has gone by and although Constantin still wore a wary look he seemed to have calmed down around her pack mates. Even if he denied it, the bond between them were blooming. She could feel it intensifying, flexing-almost mischievously, pulling them together.

There were days that Natalya will be working in the office and she could see the shadow of Constantin's feet outside the door. She would stop what she was doing and see what he would do only for him to walk away. It was mid week of the second week of her finding her mate that she finally found room to go outside and train a little.

The shipment to Alpha Viktor arrived successfully and she made sure to tie all ends of that deal. Somehow, she had a feeling her mate didn't like Alpha Viktor very much. She was feeling overprotective of what is hers she didn't want them to see each other again.

She walked onto the field and everyone's head perked up at the sight of their Alpha. A few fought harder to show off to their Alphas their skills; not to challenge her but to make her proud of them. She rubbed the tense muscles on her neck with her hands and stretched her upper body upon entering the training fields.

"So you have finally emerged from your office." Yulian joked.

"You know me more than anything. I would rather clean the manure in the cow stalls that we have than do office work." She mumbled her dislike.

Yulian laughed at her comparison. "Well if that is the case, I'll make the arrangement."

Natalya punched Yulian's arm in a friendly manner. He laughed some more before turning to everyone. He raised his hands up to stop everyone from what they were doing.

"Alright, listen up, the Alpha is here. Don't make me look stupid. No mistakes." Yulian ordered. Everyone chuckled before turning back to fighting again.

"So, want to fight me?" Yuiian asked.

Natalya's face lit up then. She needed to vent some frustration and stress; just the idea of fighting was enough to make her blood hum with excitement. Yulian grinned when he saw her reaction.

They fought each other for a little under an hour. At first it was just Natalya watching and playing defense. It only spurred Yulian on and he was intent on landing a hit.

When they were done fighting and Natalya was breathing hard from the work out. She finally broke the fight and moved to the table that had some small towels for them. She wiped the sweat from her face and around her neck before patting at the open skin on her chest above her tank top.

"That was what I needed." She said breathlessly.

Out from the corner of her eyes, she saw that Constantin was watching her from the top of the hill. His hands shoved into a new pair of jeans that was her brothers. A clean black t-shirt now replaced his explicit torso from early that morning when she left him again to deal with the inventory loss for their pack.

Losing that much weight in food means that Natalya had to make sure there was enough for everyone within her pack. She wasn't stupid. She knew there will be enough before she offered it but it also didn't mean she didn't take a huge loss of inventory.

However, none of that mattered. What mattered was she found him and an intense emotion blossomed inside of her. Her heart reacted by squeezing in her chest and she found it hard to breathe. His dark, intense, and unwavering gaze stared down at her. It made her feel every part of her skin come alive. Her wolf enjoyed her mate's appreciative attention.

Yulian got her attention back when he threw his dirty towel over her head. "Stare at him any more than that and I think everyone could feel the heat passing through you two."