Chapter 16

The men who were close to Natalya all her life burst into the room. They found Natalya cradling her mate who was struggling to breathe. The doctor looked like he was at a loss. Her father quickly made his way towards her side. Tears ran down her cheeks as she looked up at him. He could see the torment that flowed in her violet irises. He could see that he will lose his daughter if he didn't do something quick.

Turning to his mate, something passed between them before Nikolai turned back to Natalya. He took hold of his daughter's shoulders to hold her attention. Maksim held in controlling Constantin's body. It looked like he was having a seizure.

"Natalya, look at me." He demanded. "You need to listen. I don't know if this will work but when your mother tried it with me it healed. The doctor at our old pack once said that bonds between two mates are the highest form of healing. You need to try marking him. Hopefully, this will comeback what his body is fighting against and give his wolf a sense of power to overcome and defeat it. His wolf needs a purpose to survive. Give it to him."

Natalya nodded quickly before turning to Constantin. She knew what her father wanted her to do. She needed to mark him. This is usually not done like this but if this will save him, she will do anything.

Maksim exposed Constantin's neck for her. She looked at her brother almost in panic before her brother ordered her to do it too. Her canine's elongated and her eyes turn a shade darker as she leaned down and bit into her mate's stiff neck. She heard him growl ferociously as he continued to throw almost an epileptic fit. Tears ran down her cheeks as her saliva and scent completely combined with her mates completely. She could feel his emotions. The pain he was feeling pulsed through the bond. She winced at how painful it was but dug her canines deeper. A low throaty sound came from him before his body fell limp.

Afraid she must have killed him, she pulled back. Her mate's blood dripped down her lips and chin as fear reflected on her face but not before she heard his breathing and his faint heart beat.

"He's not dead." She said in a very hushed voice. She didn't care if anyone heard her.

Her eyes flew up to her father who looked down at her with an encouraging smile. The doctor checked Constantin's vitals before nodding towards Natalya.

"Alpha, it looks like his body is regulating. Everything should be fine for now." He confirmed. "We won't know what the affects of the mark will do until he wakes up...if he ever wakes up. For now, we need to keep him comfortable."

Natalya felt numb. Her body felt like it was flying through space and she was standing in one spot seeing everything flash before her. Her family moved her around the room. Constantin was picked up and placed on a hospital bed.

When she finally gained some consciousness, she was sitting in a chair staring at Constantin while he slept. She heard voices outside but there seemed to be a bubble wrapped around her head. She could barely make out what they were saying.

It seemed like only hours that she was staring at him but in fact she had been staring at him all night. The sun had finally peeked over the horizon. Her mother tried talking to her but she made no response. She didn't hear a single thing. Everything sounded so muffled.

Her mother looked at her worriedly before disappearing. A moment later, her father appeared in front of her. He grabbed onto her cheeks and brought his face down to her eye level. She saw his lips moving but she couldn't make out he was saying.

Everything was like a blur in her eyes. After giving up on making out what her father was saying she turned to stare blankly at the wall. The corner of her eyes she could see her mother and father talking. They were arguing and her mother wept into her father's chest.