Chapter 13

For werewolves, imprinting while in heat was a source of a relief. It could relieve them for a few days but there were times that it was only a few hours become the intensity of the heat came jumping back. Natalya was thankful that when she woke up the next morning, that there was no heat. She showered and quickly slipped out of the bedroom before Constantin was awake. All night last night, he spent his time showing her every sensitive part of her body.

Heat crawled up her neck and she knew she was blushing. Groaning she covered her face as she walked into the kitchen. She knew everyone would smell Constantin on her. His scent was like a strong ocean wave that smacked everyone in the face.

Natalya's mom, Anna, and Octavia gave her smug looks while her father and brother sat with wrinkled nose. The embarrassment was real for Natalya. She awkwardly walked into the kitchen and clutched the collar of her shirt as close as she can to her neck to avoid people seeing the love bites but there was no use.

Her mother yanked the collar of her shirt away and her grin grew. "I knew it. They imprinted each other."

"Mom! Can you stop?!" Natalya shouted quickly before grabbing at her shirt and pulling it back up. "This is so embarrassing."

"You shouldn't feel embarrass. Stand strong! You are now marked. Your mate wants you." Octavia pointed out.

Natalya found truth in that and gave Octavia an apologizing smile. "You're right. I should be proud of him."

Letting go of her collar she walked to counter and grabbed an apple before walking to where everyone was sitting down. It didn't take long before the conversation started up again.

The room filled with a new wave of people and one that Natalya recognized immediately. Her eyes widened and she stopped chewing. One of the people that entered the room was one of her brother's elite warriors. He was the man who had harvested a particular liking to Natalya ever since she shifted and became a female who can mate.

He was very tall, dangerously handsome, and very skilled. He had no mates as his died before he could find her. He wasn't a man who slept around and used his good looks to advantage. Honestly, he was a very honest man.

His eyes zeroed in on Natalya immediately before trailing down her face to her neck. A dark, jealous look passed through his eyes before he turned away and walked to grab himself a plate of food. Maksim noticed the exchange but didn't say anything. He didn't have to. His sister was fully capable of handling herself. He didn't need to butt into her life.

Natalya slowly finished chewing her apple before turning to Maksim. She grabbed Maksim by the shirt and pulled him close to her as she whispered into his ear.

"Why is he here?" She growled.

"He is a very good soldier, Nat." Maksim pointed out.

"You know that he made it clear he wanted to mate with me." She spoke in a harsh voice.

He shrugged. "He is my warrior-one of the best."

Natalya knew where her brother was going. This should not affect her in anyway. She had no feelings towards Michael. He courted her for a month but she never developed any affection towards him. He kissed her maybe once but it was a very unpleasant kiss not because he was a bad kisser. In fact he was a good kisser it was just that she didn't like him that and ended things.

However, Michael had a deeper affection to Natalya than she did. He wasn't that willing to let go of what they had going on. Either way, the relationship between them ended before it even got started. She was young and carefree.

Michael walked over and sat across from Natalya. She could feel his gaze burning into the side of her face. She wasn't going to let him intimidate her. She wasn't a teen pup any longer. Her lifted her gaze and met his eyes head on. A flicker of amusement flashed in his irises and the corner of his lip lifted. He wanted her to look at him.