Chapter 21

Natalya's paintbrush movement was a blur in front of her. Her eyes were unfocused and her mind was completely somewhere else. Sitting outside in the sun must be messing with her mind because all she could think about was how Constantin's lips made love to her all night last night. Images of his lips tracing the curve of her back to her shoulder and down her arm. It was like he was taking his time in exploring every part of her body.

If he was forced to close his eyes and find her in a group of women, she almost positive he will find her just by touching her body. A blush crawled on her face and she blinked to refocus her eyes on the canvas in front of her.

A blob of orange and red stared back at her accusingly. She sighed and set into fixing her strokes but before the tip of her brush could touch the canvas she felt his hands barely touching her hips.

Twisting in her seat immediately, she turned to see him smiling down at her. His eyes twinkling with an emotion that has her heart tugging and skipping.

"Do I need to ask what it is that has you blushing in the middle of the day?" He asked.

She bit the inside of her cheek to stop herself from smiling. "Nothing."

He laughed deeply and low before his hands slipped casually from her hips to around her midsection. His front firmly pressed to her front. He bent down to place a gentle kiss to his mark on her neck.

"Whatever it is that you made you blush, I hope that it is me who brought it on." He whispered closely to her ear.

"And if it wasn't?" She replied, turning slightly to meet look at him.

"Then I will be deeply wounded. I would rather die than knowing that someone brought a blush on my mate's cherry cheeks." He frowned.

She turned enough so that she could fully see him. He kept his arms wrapped around her, unwillingly to let her go just yet. This forced her to tilt her head slightly to look up at him.

Was it just her? He looked more handsome today than he ever did. There was this glow about him. He couldn't stop smiling and she couldn't stop returning that smile. She felt giddy and like a woman who was completely head over heels. She lifted her paintbrush and swiped it softly over his nose and down his left cheek.

His eyes widened as he released her to wipe at his cheek with the back of his hand only to spread it some more.

"And why are you blushing, Constantin?" She teased, fighting not to laugh but couldn't help the grin on her face.

His eyes instantly turned from surprise to mischievous. "Unlike you, I am willing to admit I am blushing because of my dearest mate."

She took a step back and another. He took a step toward the table filled with paintbrush and paint. He lifted a green paintbrush before walking towards her. She shook her head.

"Constantin, don't! It was a mistake." She reasoned but continued to back away.

He broke into a run to catch up to her. She let out an unladylike squeal before running away from him. He chased after her around the fields. People stood around staring at their Alphas playing around with each other.

It didn't take long before Natalya was caught by Constantin. He wrapped his arms around her waist instantly before the large paintbrush came straight across her face. She closed her eyes and mouth as the wet paint hit her skin.

"Constantin!" She opened her eyes after he stopped his assault on her. He let go of her to examine his work.

He laughed hard then. The people in the field laughed upon seeing how green their Alpha's face was.