Chapter 11

Ning Lou's desire to learn about pulsation rooted from her past life. It was during her imprisonment at a highly secured jail, she was charged and tortured one week long under the command of a Politician she scammed. She was very unfortunate, failing to flee from the three day chase.

Being so highly confident with her foolproof diversion plan, and Xu's aid in disabling the CCTVs, she didn't know how that bastard managed to catch up and traced her even though she lost them on her trail multiple times. It was only after she met with Xu again, she came to know the cause- an inconspicuous tracking chip was installed inside the suitcase filled with money. If she was able to find out about it earlier, she wouldn't hesitate to throw it on a cliff and bag the money with inside coat instead, however she didn't have Xu's knowledge of technologies and computer stuffs, although she picked a thing or two, it wasn't at a level where she could discerned and disabled the chip.

In being so, she only exhausted herself while going those bastards a show. With Ning Lou's temperament of holding grudges, there wasn't a moment inside that rotting place she didn't think of squeezing that bastard's assets to nothing. It certainly reached a new height when the wardens suddenly made her days more miserable.

That took the last shreds of her patience, as she begun to think of ways to abscond and one particular golden opportunity in the form of cellmate, Meng Yi paved her plans into motion.

With Meng Yi's master knowledge of the nervous and circulation system, Ning Lou got hold on one of her confidential research, an it was in exchanged for Meng Yi's freedom and restoration of her reputation.

The mentioned research was just a theory which she didn't have any hopes that it would work, however Ning Lou managed to perform the insane feat, even extending the 'dead' pulse for a few seconds.

With that successful negotiation, Ning Lou was able to escape, knocking two staffs in the middle of cremating her.

Then, Ning Lou retrieved the money she hid. This was precisely why she was kept alive, that bastard kept torturing her to reveal the location of 'his' money. Ning Lou wasn't dumb enough, and endured the inhumane lashes and whips.

After all, the syndicate made sure to accustomed her body to such tremendous pain. Ning Lou only whimpered and stubbornly bit her lips the whole time.

After a week of rest and preparations, on the day before the reelections, Ning Lou gave him a big gift.

Little Flower made another storm online by exposing the Politician's illegal dealings with the LGUs, understated annual financial statements, and his scandals with other women.

Eventually the news exploded, gaining a seat on the international newspapers' headlines. It pulled his reputation down the drain, his entire properties confiscated, and his family left him.

He also earned a room in an island prison, which had connections with the opposing party, and Ning Lou haven't gotten any news about him ever since.

Meng Yi, on the other hand was pardoned and had established a hospital of her own, with Ning Lou as her major shareholder.

Upon thinking, that particular misfortune had actually given her some benefits- and the ability to regulate the heartbeat by tricking the brain using the subconscious was another trophy. She was able to develop it further, she could even maintained an unconscious posture by controlling the diaphragm into moving subtly unnoticeable.

And in an ancient environment, this ability was defying the law of nature, she had a pang of guilt towards towards the group of people outside, but she only hardened her heart into completing her task.

Tang-Mama begun to take long strides towards the door, however a sweet voice from behind the curtain paused her movements.

"Tang-Mama", Ning Lou spoke attempting to stop Tang-Mama from reporting to the Empress Dowager.

"This servant is here."

Tang-Mama returned hastily to side of bed trying to check the Empress' health.

Xiao Qu and Xiao Yan also went closer, completely anxious.

Xuanji only gulped and moved a little, observing from the sides lines. He wasn't expecting this kind of situation, as he had already speculated earlier that the Empress wouldn't have the energy to speak, but that tone just now suggest that she was perfectly fine, so he was at loss! He was now filled with doubts towards himself.

"Tang-Mama, Bengong is thirsty."

Tang-Mama blinked a few times before getting the bowl of clean water on the table. She lifted a section of the screen and offered the bowl to Ning Lou.

"This servant has brought a bowl of water."

Ning Lou took it with a big cunning grin on her face. Noticing that Tang-Mama had retrieved her hand and the curtains obscured her from them, she dipped her hands occasionally spraying sprinkles on water on her back, neck, forehead, and armpits. After a little while, she assured to see that the mattress was also wet from her 'sweat' before returning the empty bowl on the gaps on the curtain.

Thank goodness for the extreme conservatism this Ancient people put importance to, otherwise it might be difficult to prepare the act!

Tang-Mama took the bowl and finally spoke, "This servant is very anxious, does the Empress feels uncomfortable in any place? Does the Empress feels weak or restless? Forgive this servant for being disrespectful, but this servant just wanted to know out of concern?" Tang-Mama couldn't kept herself from inquiring because of the Imperial Physician's words. Unstabilized pulse...

She was exhausted and agitated being put through so much exercise, and last thing she didn't want was to report to the Dowager about her granddaughter being ill.

"What does Tang-Mama mean? Does Bengong have caught a terrible illness? Did the Doc- Imperial Physician really say it? What did he said? Tell Bengong the truth!" Ning Lou only let a few gasps and a teary voice to compliment her surprise and sad act. She continued to make fake sobs until she she absentmindedly bit her cheek.

Argh! My cheeks still stings from the fresh wound I made when that little girl tied me.

----------------

A.N.

Wahh.. How many weeks has it been since I updated?

Realm is caught in middle of exterminating the virus bosses in her world. They were high profile bugs eating her brain.

😂💃💃