Chapter 14

"The Empress is already sleeping. This servant had also arranged her closest maids to pay attention. As of now, The Imperial physician made diagnosis and gave this servant the prescription, does the Old Dowager like to see it?"

"What there's more to say , this child easily gets sick making this Old one worry always. That Heng'er also doesn't pay a bit attention. This Old one doesn't know how to deal with this things anymore."

The Old Dowager sighed before adding her inquiry in a serious tone, "Did you already investigate the morning's incident? This Old one doesn't feel at ease. Although that Lou girl lacks foresight, she isn't stupid as to harm herself, someone must have orchestrated the whole thing."

Tang-Mama nodded earnestly agreeing at the Old woman's remarks. The Empress may be lacking in the head but she won't possibly drown herself . It also unfortunate that Little Qu and Little Yan wasn't at the scene otherwise the culprit will be punished already.

"This servant will investigate this matter seriously, and will not let the culprit get away." Tang-Mama assured the Old woman she will prioritize the matter to ensure Ning Lou,'s safety.

The two chatted for a while before Tang-Mama remembered another matter. She hesitated for a moment thinking whether if it was necessary to relay Xuanji's confusing behavior hours ago. She herself was also stumped for words.

Seeing Tang-Mama bothered, the Old Dowager lightly called out wanting to know if the woman in front of her has something important to say.

"It is about the Imperial Physician, a while ago this servant......, Tang-Mama recalled the physician's unusual behavior and narrated what happened in great details. In the midst, she could see the Old woman would frown and would sigh heavily. Tang-Mama was felt the Old woman's mood wasn't good anymore and decided to shorten her report.

After listening, the Old woman patted her chest and closed her eyes. Tang-Mama immediately went forward and held the Old woman's hands. She lightly patted it, comforting the old woman. Sure enough, the matter years ago still affects and lingers in her heart. For a few seconds, Tang-Mama could already feel the wetness in her hands, and stayed silent.

"It's this Old one's fault. If this one didn't bring that Lou girl here, she must have been as healthy as the other ladies her age. She won't be caged on her palace all day." The old woman lose her calm facade and burst into tears.

The incense continued to burn as both figures drown in sorrow.

____________________________

Meanwhile, the subject of the conversation, Ning Lou, was having a lavish lunch. This ancient knows how to have a good life. Look at these table, roasted duck, eight treasures chicken, stir fried shrimp dumplings and some Nu'er wine. I'm living my life!

As for how the table was filled with a sumptuous dishes, it was all thanks to Ning Lou's good nose that manage to intercept an eunuch outside the chamber who was delivering someone's food. The little eunuch who was a victim of Ning Lou's claws was still outside bitterly staring at the chamber's door that was guarded by two other eunuchs.

"Niang Niang, this servant will go fetch some congee from the kitchen. Niang Niang is forbidden to eat this type of food for a few days." Xiao Qu continued to plead Ning Lou. It was a known matter that heavy dishes with oil and seafood and that wine isn't good for the sick people. Why is the Empress so hard to convince?

Ning Lou clicked her tongue wanting to straighten this little girl's views, however finding it worrisome she only instructed the two to go fetch whatever congee they needed to fetch. "Alright, but Bengong only eats a particular congee, it must have shredded chicken and duck meat. Must be simmered inside a bamboo tube for 45 minutes. The congee must be seasoned in order; scallions, red pepper, radishes, potatoes, lemon grass, ginger, dates and soy sauce."