二十二

The pair lost track of time in that little forest clearing. They had been taking pictures on Felix's phone for a while until it died from no battery. They took off their shoes to waddle in the clear lake and enjoy the feeling of cool water between their toes.

Now, they sat on the grassy floor after ensuring there were no ants and talked for what seemed like hours on end.

"What's my blood type, when's my birthday and how many siblings do I have?" Felix asked, focusing on his toes and wiggling them.

"AB, tsk you selfish bastard. 15 September 2000. And one older sister, plus one younger one." Changbin also gave the names of his sisters and smirked triumphantly.

Felix nodded and it was Changbin's turn to ask. "What's my favourite season and a habit of mine?"

Biting his lip, Felix replied, "Autumn. And uh... you put your hands in your pockets really often."

Changbin let out a hearty laugh, pulling his hands out of his pockets. His laugh made Felix's heart soar like it always, did without fail.

This question relay went on for a while as they asked each other questions to test who remembered what about each other the most and who deserved the title of the 'Better Boyfriend'.

It ended up being a tie as none of them got any questions about each other wrong nor did they forget the answer. There was bitterness at first as none of them won, but it was quickly replaced with satisfaction and gladness over how well they knew each other. They both agreed they were the superior couple together, Minho and Jisung who?

Before they knew it, it was afternoon and the sky had went from azure blue to all the warm colours. Birds were already flying home to their nests and Changbin decided it was time for them to return back too.

"The guys must have been worrying..." Changbin feared.

But Felix assured him, "It's fine, we can handle ourselves. And they'll notice that we're gone together so nothing to worry about. They probably think we're having some forest sex right now actually."

Changbin actually choked on his saliva at Felix's bluntness and the younger started cackling. "Calm down honey, I love you and all that, but as much as the thought of it excites you, I for one would not like leaves ending up in my crevices where leaves should never belong."

Changbin was coughing too much to reply and was probably too flustered anyway to form a proper sentence.

He managed to compose himself after almost a minute. "Let... let's head ba-back." Changbin let out another loud cough and walked back the direction they came from.

Well at least he tried to. The afternoon sun was casting shadows, confusing Changbin. He could no longer find the small path they came from. He began to wonder if there was even a path in the first place. The entire forest floor looked identical, covered in the same maple leaves.

"Uhhhh-" Changbin stuttered, turning around frantically.

Felix was also beginning to panic, "Shit, please don't tell me we're lost. My phone's dead and you didn't bring yours with you so we can't contact anyone."

Changbin didn't want to admit it. He walked around the clearing a while longer but the changing shadows from the setting sun confused him even more. "We're lost." He finally admitted defeat.

Felix's panic level rose and he was now swearing and speaking in full English, something he did when he was at the extreme level of his emotions.

"Didn't you memorise the way back?" Felix asked, switching back to Korean, running his hands through his hair stressfully.

Changbin said, "I did... well I tried but it's hard when everything looks the same. Also it's getting dark and it's harder to see."

"Well try harder? I can't get lost here, it's so creepy."

"Fuck! Maybe if you hadn't dragged us here, we wouldn't be lost right now and worrying our asses off."

Felix just stared at Changbin, his eyes wide. This was the first time Changbin got mad and swore at him. The first time Changbin yelled at him. It felt unfamiliar, like he could rub his eyes right now and wake up from this nightmare.

Changbin's sudden burst of anger that came out from nowhere began to simmer. "Shit Felix no, I didn't mean to... I'm sor-"

But the taller blew a fuse, quickly shut him up with a "Oh, so it's my fault huh? Well sorry for thinking it would be fun to have an adventure, just the two of us to make it special. Cause clearly you weren't enjoying your time just now."

All the guilt Changbin felt almost immediately dissipated. Felix's words triggered something in him, causing waves of anger to roll out. Everyone has a breaking point and maybe this was his.

"You know what? You're absolutely right. I hated every moment of it. Being with you was repulsive!" Changbin snapped. He didn't mean a single word but it was weird what anger could do to someone. Make them say things they regret just to spite someone.

At first you feel strong, watching the other person give a look of defeat. Their walls all crumbling down. You've beat them, you won the argument. You're the better person... right?

Wrong. Changbin felt broken seeing Felix's face. Seeing the way his boyfriend looked at him like he was staring at a monster. When there was not a hint of love in his eyes.

But he still had his ego. His pride to hold up. So he stayed silent, staring at Felix, not apologising. Felix looked back, not moving a muscle.

It was weird how their enjoyable date had become a terrible fight in a matter of seconds.

They stood there for what seemed like hours, glaring at each other. Tension sparked between the two, fizzling and popping and causing Changbin to feel like ripping off his own skin that he suddenly felt unfamiliar and uncomfortable in.

The rest of the boys found them eventually. The forest wasn't that big and the two couldn't have gone that far. But they didn't expect to see Changbin and Felix staring at each other, muscles tensed and faces grim.

"Oh my god, there you two are! Are you alright? No injuries?" Chan ran up to them, checking to see if there were any wounds.

There weren't hurt. Physically, no. But Chan wouldn't be able to know about the emotional aspect. He didn't manage to find the wounds on their hearts.

Most of them stayed back, as if sensing the overwhelming tension between Changbin and Felix. But they didn't ask anything about it. Maybe they wanted to respect their privacy. Maybe they didn't want to be involved. Either way, Changbin was glad no comments were made about the two.

"Okay, let's get back. Y'all must be starving, we ordered burgers. Better head back before they turn cold." Chan forced a smile and everyone walked back.

Changbin ensured to stay as far away from Felix as possible. The others definitely were questioning their odd behaviour in their heads. But no one asked what they were doing just now.

Dinner was tense. For Changbin and Felix at least. Lighthearted jokes were made and casual conversation went on between the 7 boys, but Changbin and Felix stayed silent throughout. They tried including the pair in but gave up when they refused to cooperate, either shrugging or pretending not to hear.

That night, Changbin slept on the sofa while Felix took the bed. But Felix kept curling as near to the side of the bed as possible and as far away from Changbin's side as if his aura was still there.

Changbin looked up at the ceiling, pulling the blanket Woojin passed him closer to him. He felt hollow inside. Like all the anger he let out earlier on just took everything else he felt along with it. He couldn't cry. It wasn't that he didn't want to, but more like he couldn't. All Changbin felt was empty.

Felix was a mix of emotions. Regret, anger, sadness, frustration. He cried himself to sleep, sobs wrecking through his thin body. It was the most he ever cried, even more than when he cried over Changbin leaving. Because knowing that you lost the person you loved due to fucking up yourself, was way worse than losing someone when you have done nothing wrong.