二十四

Some say that when people fight and make amends, their bond grows stronger as you learn that you treasure this relationship enough to want it to work. You learn about their flaws and you accept them. You love them even more.

Felix stared at Changbin's ringing phone from a private number calling. Changbin quickly answered it and Felix strained his ears, trying to hear better.

"Dad?" Was all Felix caught before Changbin stood up and left for some privacy. Felix sighed, fiddling with his thumbs, annoyed that their date got interrupted.

After a few minutes, Changbin finally returned, gripping his phone a little too tightly in his hand.

"What's wrong?" Felix gently, massaged the older's shoulders when he sat back down, trying to ease him into not hiding anything from him.

Changbin sighed, "My dad keeps asking me to return to Japan. He won't stop pestering me."

"But you're an adult, you can do what you want to do and make your own decisions," Felix pointed out. "He can't force you to do anything anymore."

Changbin replied, "I know that. But he's still my dad. I don't want to disobey him for the rest of my life."

"Why must you move back to Japan anyway? Why can't you stay here? I don't understand..."

"It's complicated, I just-"

"Is it cause your dad despises me?" Worry laced Felix's voice.

"Baby no, he's just a little... close minded and traditional."

The Australian scoffed, "Yeah, sure. That's why he threw a shoe at me the day he caught us making out in your room."

"He would've done that to even a girl if you were one!" Changbin insisted. No matter what the situation, Felix always could make him smile.

However, Felix didn't smile. "But I'm not," He bluntly said. "And he doesn't approve of that."

"Well you don't need his approval, as long as you've got mine. I won't let anything get in the way of us anymore."

This time Felix smiled, shifting and positioning himself so he was straddling Changbin's lap, facing each other.

But there was nothing sexual about it. Only love, longing and satisfaction. They lapsed into comfortable silence, Changbin's hand running up and down Felix's calf. Felix had his arms locked loosely around the shorter male's neck and he could feel Changbin's breath on his lips.

This was all he wanted in life. He wanted them to stay like this forever. This close. Together.

"42." Changbin suddenly said.

Felix blinked, "Excuse me?" Was Changbin speaking nonsense?

"You have 42 visible freckles on your face."

"Oh. Did you actually just count- Okay you know what, don't answer that." Felix placed a gentle kiss on his dorky boyfriend, rolling his eyes in secrecy.

"Did you just lick the tip of my nose?" Changbin stuttured, scrunching it.

Felix grinned and stuck out his tongue. Changbin did a double chin back in return and Felix had a good look of the majestic view up close. They laughed and all their earlier worries washed away. As long as they had each other, there was nothing to be scared about.