Chapter 15: Infirmary

The entries in Mari's notebook over the span of one week:

Log. Title: Day One, Infirmary

Time -- 12:01pm

I've just woken up. It's evening, and the sun is setting. My wound is freshly bandaged, but I can still feel blood seeping from my skin. It's the worst wound I've received as a Magic Knight, on the same level as the one in my calf. They've bandaged that one as well, but I can't even feel it. I'll be stuck here for a long time before they can heal it properly.

I still don't properly remember what happened, only the pain of the cuts and blood. And Leopold, of course. But I don't want to talk about him.

Log. End.

Log. Title: Day Three, Infirmary

Time -- 10:50pm

Yesterday was brutal. The healing wizards here don't play around. I had to go through hours of physical therapy to make sure my body is still in shape. And then another healing session with both of my wounds. They're a lot better, but it took me the rest of the day to sleep off the work.

They say I probably won't remember the last few minutes before I fell unconscious, but I still want to know what happened. I guess the only person I can ask is... him.

Log. End.

Log. Title: Day Five, Infirmary

Time -- 3:30pm

The healing wizards have left me alone, and they say the wound will heal by itself. They've reduced it down to a sorta bloody scar, so I guess I'll get to leave the day after tomorrow. Two days should be enough time, right? I'm just glad there's no permanent damage.

But I'm still wondering... how did I get kidnapped? There was a fake Leopold, and I know I was teleported. The Moon Shade organization... ugh, creepy people. Talking about how I was their princess/leader and everything. "Perks" of being a dark magic user, I guess.

Time -- 7:46pm

I just saw him. There was a ruckus down in the hall, and I could hear scuffling. I craned my neck to see what was going on through the slightly open door, and the healing wizards were barring someone from entering.

"I need to see her!" That's what he said. In this concerned voice too. Ugh, what does he want? Of course, I'm thankful that he got me out of there, but still... Stupid noble. Strutting his stuff. Treating me like that in Kikka. That "treasure" did turn out to be a pile of junk, and I laughed when I found out. Serves him right.

Anyway, he left after a while, but I could hear his footsteps stomping away. Thank goodness.

Log. End.

Log. Title: Day Six, Infirmary

Time -- 4:30am

It's a great not-morning and I can't go to sleep. I guess I've just been napping/dozing off way too much during daytime these past few days. Everything's dark outside from the window near my cot, and none of the other patients are up. Not that I would talk to them anyway, I mean most of them are barely conscious or barely breathing. But I feel a bit... lonely. Which is weird. I've never felt this way ever since I got here. And I can't stop thinking of Leopold for some reason too! Urgh, I need help... He's just been around me way too much recently, that's it. I'm just not used to his presence. Nothing more!

Log. End.

Log. Title: Day Seven, Infirmary

Time -- 11:34pm

Yes! I'm leaving after today! One more night in this creaky old cot and I'm free! My side and my calf feel great, but now I have to get back in shape... A week-long break on sparring sessions can't be good for me.

Time -- 5:06pm

My heart is beating way too fast. I think my face is on fire. I think my whole body's on fire. I don't want to talk about what just happened. Please tell me he didn't just do that.

Log. End.