The Unexpected Partnership

You stare at Marron's worry face and gave her a more genuine smile, " Marron I'm really ok it's nothing we should probably get to the stands JNPR's match is about to start." You said and you waited before Marron sighs and smiles and nods.

"Fine but it we think you're not ok I'll make sure that Rojo takes you to the nurses office even if he has to drag you there" she says with a smirk and you roll your eyes smiling, and for once that smile wasn't force.

"Ok everyone let's go to the stands" Ruby says relief that whatever happen to you wasn't anything serious.

"Yeah I want to see how well Jaune has improve" you said and everyone walks to the stands and looks for a seat

You sat down with a sigh trying to ignore those weird visions with Ruby and Weiss. You're not sure what those visions mean, and what part the voice has in all this but you won't give him the satisfaction of him seeing you worry.

You look to the side at the person who sits next to you and froze when you saw Blake sitting there. You look to your team wondering why one of them didn't sit there and you saw them glance at you before looking away.

Rojo had a smile, Marron was just shooting you a look and her eyes move between Blake and you, and Luna's eyes never met yours but you knew she also had a part in this. You look to the side again and you saw Blake giving looks to Yang as Yang just gave her a thumbs up.

You sigh at that you guess the weird atmosphere between Blake and you didn't go unnoticed by her team or yours. You squirm in your seat in awkwardness what do you even say in this situation?

In the past you never had problems starting conversations with Blake heck you could talk all day if given the opportunity. If not that you two were comfortable enough to just sit next to each other in silence just enjoying each other's presence, but ever since the battle with Adam you felt like there is a barrier between the two of you.

"So" you said breaking the silence and you see Blake jolt next to you, but you didn't bring it up, "Have you finish reading your latest book?" you said to Blake and you see her tense shoulders relax.

".....Yes I finish it this morning.......but I decided to reread one of the one's I finish already" she said looking at the stage and you rose an eyebrow at that she usually reads her unfinished books first instead of rereading ones she has already read and you know she hasn't finish the last volume of Ninjas of Love.

"Oh which one?" you said finally getting into the conversation. You had a smile on your face it feels nice speaking to Blake even if you didn't speak for like a day it felt longer than that to you.

"It's called The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" she said giving you a side look and you froze at the name of the book killing your happy mood.

"..........hahahaHAHAHAHAHA oh my god that's just rich talk about surprises" the voice laughs and you give Blake a more mechanical smile again.

"....Really? any reason for that?" you said with a slight tremor to your voice if Blake notice she didn't say anything.

"Let's say that the plot in the book reminds me of something" she said her hand trembling slightly.

"Welp if that isn't a clue that she knows something is wrong I don't know what is" the voice said with an amuse tone.

"I'm nothing like Doctor Jekyll and beside there's no way you're taking over my body" you though clenching your fist.

The voice snorts," Well that's egotistic of you what makes you think you're the doctor? for all we know you might be Mr. Hyde" the voice said amuse.