Chapter 2: We hide you seek

Sitting up in the Cabin dirty and confuse is not how Kimberley pictured life at eighteen would be. She thought she would finally break out of her shell and try new things, but now she is sitting on the sofa thinking about the terrifying night she has had. From waking up to burglar to watching her father get shot between the eyes, it is too much for her to take in and now she is stuck with her eight-year-old brother on her hands. 

As she gets up she looks around the cabin remembering that it is her father secret hideout. Every year since her mom died she would have a drill course about how to find the hideout if a situation like this would occur and now she wonders what secrets her father kept from her.

 As she is heating the hot water for hot chocolate and soup for her and her brother, David comes out of the room rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. 

"KJ where is Daddy?" he asks causing Kim to look at her little brother with teary eyes and then she makes her way to him.  

"Remember when I told you mom went to Heaven to be an Angel, well our Daddy went there also so that he could protect us until we are ready to go," she replies.

"I miss him already," says David. 

"Me too," Kimberley replies. 

"Hey, am whipping up some food for us to eat, would you like to watch TV?" Kimberley says as she bends down to his level, she is doing everything she can to keep his mind off the situation because in her mind David is too young to be put into situations like this, so they make their way over to the living room.

Next to the television is a tiny shelf that is filled with DVD's and as Kim is about to put a DVD inside the player, she notices a DVD already inside of it. Taking it out it reads, to Kim from Dad, so she decides to play it and on the screen is her father.

 "Kim if you are watching this it means am already with your mother eating chicken breast and drinking red wine or in my case apple cider because we all know no alcohol is allowed at the front gates to be let into heaven, I should know I tried to sneak one in before but the Angels threw me back down to earth." Kim laughs because even in death her father always kept his sense of humor going. 

"Now listen attentively Kim", at this she sits up straight on the sofa, "I have created something that can change technology as we know it but it can also be a deadly weapon to people who have bad intentions, now what I need you to do is gather everything you and your Brother own and head to New York City where you will find clues to where I hid it. Whatever you do cover your tracks because they are after the software I created when this video is finished destroy this along with the Cabin."

Meanwhile, the men are reporting back to their Boss on their findings and what transpired. 

"What should we do now? We have no one to lead us to the Software because instead of worrying about locating it, you killed the creator."  

"Not entirely true Mr. Valentino, says Stephen a computer literate." 

"Explain?" says the boss as he crosses his arms and waits for Stephen to talk. 

"Well I have been doing some digging and I found that Mr. Jones has two children, a girl, and a boy to be exact," says Stephen as he pushes his glasses up on his nose feeling proud of himself. 

"Interesting, I want names and any other information you can pull up?" Mr. Valentino says standing up from his seat.  

"Already have them, Kimberley Jones just turn eighteen graduated High school at the age of fifteen during that time in school she was starting college classes where her majors were computer engineering and software engineering, she just receive her Bachelor's degree and David Jones age eight haven't started school as yet because he has a low immune system and gets sick easily, his father thought keeping him home would be in his best interest."

"Are there any photos of them?" Valentino asks as he walks up to Stephen.  

"Yes sir, here they are."

As the photos are pass to Valentino he could not help but gasp because the beautiful girl in the picture was the girl who saves him when he was left for dead in an alleyway five years ago, she might have been thirteen but he remembers that day clearly.

Flashback

Mr. Valentino was meeting up with his clients when one of them pulled a gun and shot him, he was appalled that someone went against him and tried to take him out and just as he was about to slip into unconsciousness, a little Angel appeared saying stay with me you are going to be okay. Two weeks later he woke up with her tending to him, she had community service at the Hospital and by the time he was released, she had already completed her hours.

He never forgot her and she was too young to have a relationship with, but now that she is old enough he will be taking her as his bride. 

"Kill two birds with one stone," he says, then goes on and orders his men to, "locate the Software and capture Kim to become his wife." 

Laughing out loud he begins to think, "Mr. Jones should have never played him because his death could have been prevented and his daughter could have had a father to walk her down the Isles." 

Going to the door he says, "Stephen knowing Jones he might have own Cabins find it and you find the girl, tell my men to bring her to me unharmed and untouched." 

As Kimberley drive to the Airport, she keeps looking in the rearview mirror to see if anyone is trailing behind her because she knows it is a matter of time before they figure out about her and David, especially if they have Stephen working on their team. She knows about Stephen because her Dad mentioned it in the video that he left behind. Parking the car she goes to check her and David in, then sits down in the waiting area. 

Thinking back on how her Dad used to talk about Stephen and how he a prodigy in the computer world but it all ended when her Dad comes home saying he has cause danger to come upon his family, that is when her Dad started to pay more attention to work forgetting that home is where he should have been. 

Taking a seat on the plane she lays her head back and smiles because she knows it is a matter of time before they saw the little present she left them.  

"Valentino I find a Cabin that Mr. Jones owns before his wife died they would go there, the men are heading up that way now!" one of the men says. 

"Excellent!" replies Valentino as he hangs up, then he turns to Stephen and continues, "soon my fiancé you will be mine." 

Rolling his eyes, Stephen continues on his laptop only to realize something is wrong.

"What in the Buddha shrine is happening, oh no, no, no, no, no!" Stephen grabs his phone and calls Valentino's men, "Get out of there, it's a trap, run now." Not long after an explosion interrupts his ranting. 

"Talk to me what is happening?" asks Valentino. 

"Kimberley is as trickery as her Dad and did I mention wise, it seems the door had a trap her father set at the house that when the men enter, the door shuts and the wire connecting to the explosives will go off  and she left something on my laptop after hacking it." 

Showing Valentino the laptop, it reads:

WE HIDE YOU SEEK! GAME ON BASTARDS!

xoxo, YOUR PAIN IN THE BEHIND!

Valentino sits there looking at the laptop and grinning like a Cheshire Cat and says game on my girl, game on.