Chapter 14: The secrets out and Kim heartbroken

Kim remain busy the whole week trying to reverse the damages made by Sirus and Neil. She went out and got herself a new laptop, then she started making some calls to all of the Diaz Incorporation clients where she held meetings in private so that nobody knows what she is doing. She even found a way to get the money that was stolen, transferred back to the Company. 

"Kim can you hear me?" She hears Melissa ask through her trance. 

"Yeah, I was thinking about somethings that came up," she replies.

After a short pause she asks Melissa, "Tell me what you know about Sirus Beckford?" 

Melissa have a look of confusion on her face, then she asks, "Why?"

Kim bites her bottom lip before she stares at her and says, "It's complicated to explain now, but when I put all the pieces together, then I will tell you."

"Well, all I can say is that he can never be trusted. He will do anything to bring down the Diaz family, after all his hatred was pass down from his Grandfather," Melissa says.

Seeing Kim facial expression, she continues by saying, "Let me start from the beginning, while his Grandfather hated Alexander's Grandfather, their fathers were bestfriends. Sirus Grandfather use to steal from Alex Grandfather so they were enemies. Eventhough they tried to keep them apart when they were growing up, Uncle Charles was a good friend with Sirus father, that is until they meant a boy name Edward Jones who help both their company succeed."

Kim can not believe her ears when she hears her father's name being call. This is probably why she was told by him to move to New York, maybe she was suppose to meet the Diaz father. 

"Tell me why did they stop being friends if they were close, because I am pretty sure they both were trying not to follow in their father's footsteps?" Kim asks eagerly.  

"One day Edward told Charles he was going to make him something that will help his company blossom, a generous donation for helping him meet a lovely young lady name Mary. When Sirus's dad heard about this, he stole Edwards work, released it under his company and all of the plans Edward and Uncle Charles created was honored in Sirus's dad name. He did not acknowledge none of them causing them to not only break their friendship up, but also they became sworn enemies," Melissa says in one breathe.

Tears starts to flow down Kim's face because of what she is hearing, her father had been betrayed so many times no wonder he kept his children and work a secret. Eventhough he hired Stephen, he still kept an eye out but low and behold, Stephen was a backstabber too. 

Kim looks at Melissa and says, "Melissa I need you to promise me something." 

"What do you want me to promise you?" She asks in a confuse tone. 

"That whatever happens you will look after David for me, be there for him, I know it sounds crazy but something is going to happen, don't ask what, just know that I am clueless as a fish but I would never betray Alexander nor his family," she says as she looks at Melissa with a serious face.

"Kim, you are freaking me out, if you are in trouble I will stand by you and help. Tell me what is going on because I can see something is stressing you out," Melissa says in a panic.

Grabbing her hands and raising them up, Kim says, "The less you know the better, I should have taking a page from my father's book when he said to learn who to trust and not. Please, just promise me without any questions." 

Melissa eyes start to become watery as she tells Kim, "I promise, but if there is any sign that you are in danger, I am gathering my A team and coming for you."