Chapter 19: It's really you!

Opening her eyes Kimberley heard people talking around her and felt what felt like a warm hard blanket around her. Looking up her eyes landed on familiar Grey eyes that held hurt, regret, anger but most of all love. Am dreaming aren't I, this can't be real, last time I saw you wanted nothing to do with me, how are you here? Kim whispered. Alexander had his arms wrapped around Kim and when those words came out of her mouth he lean down placing his lips on her softly. Am here baby and am never leaving you, when we get home am making sure to cuff you to me or the bedpost in my room.

Tears came out of Kim's eyes, she could not believe that Alex was here with her, he came for her. Wiping the tears she sits up and fires questions at him, how did he knew where she was? what happen when she was gone? Is David alright?  Alex place a finger on her lips and shush her, please relax, David is fine, he is with my mom waiting for you to come home and I will tell you everything after you are taking care of.

Charles who was discussing certain matters with his security team looked over at Alex and Kim noticing that she was awake, he went over to her. Sleeping beauty has finally awaken he said chuckling but after a while his face turn serious, young lady do you know if you father was alive he would have had a heart attack and I would have been dead for breaking a promise to protect you.

Kim  bite her bottom lip and scrunch her eyebrows together staring at Charles, he looked at her and smile, let me explain your father was my best friend when we were children and after he met your mother curtesy  of my wife playing matchmaker, he got a job offer in Australia that he could not refuse causing him to get marry and start a new life in that country. About eleven years ago he came to me with portraits that he wanted me to have and said to keep them safe, then about a few years ago he came out of nowhere unannounced saying if anything happens to him he has a family that he wants me to look after. I did not know that you and David was what he was talking about but now that I know, I will do everything in my power to keep you two safe.

Looking at Charles Kim smile and spoke, I had figured out you knew my father but with everything that had happened it was had to trust anyone. Then Neil and Sirus came along filling my head with things, then Melissa had told me about the past with my Grandfather along with yours and Sirus, she hang her head down and continued everything seem so messed up until Sirus stabbed me in the back. I thought I could tell Alexander or you but witnessing my father who was killed without mercy, I was afraid because bringing me and my family problems to you could cause danger to come to yours.

A finger went under her chin lifting her head up, Kimberley if you had come to me and my Son we don't care what danger came after, Edward was like a brother, we were family not by blood but by the bond that was created when we were children, that bond would go and will be past down in our family line. Tears welled up in Kim's eyes before it started following hard then sobs came out, Charles embrace her into a fatherly hug, looking at Alex he notice tears was falling from him too but by the way his fist was balled, Charles knew his son will do everything in his  power to keep Kim and David under his protection, this meant war for the Diaz family.

Letting her go he place a hand on her face, get some sleep we soon land causing her to nod and lean back into Alex. Her eyelids got heavy with Alex whispering soothing words in her ears she fell asleep soon afterwards. An hour later she felt someone shaking her awake, five more minutes, I haven't got the puppies to the beds, a laugh was heard causing her to snap her eyes open when she realize that it was Alex she blush and covered her face.

 Alex  smile and spoke, don't hide your face from me your beautiful when you blush, he pulled off the blanket and made her sit up so she can be buckle in for landing. After they landed, they made their way through the airport  and to the park in lot where a driver awaits them. When they were seated Kim notice that the security was increased, sensing her discomfort Alex told her it was for protection and they can be trusted.

Pulling up to the Diaz Residence Kerry who was holding David, Melissa and the rest of the family was standing outside waiting for the arrival of their loved ones. Charles was the first to come out, then  Alex who turn around and pulled out Kim. As they stood there they could hear cries of joy from Kerry and Melissa as well as David calling Kim's name. When they were close Kerry wrapped her arm around Kim telling her how happy she was that she is back home and safe and how she was take care of her until she was healthy again.

Sitting in one of the guest rooms, Kim was listening to David and the adventures he had with the Diaz family. Kim was happy to hear he was having a good time while she was away, looking up she notice Alex leaning on the wall with his hands in his pockets. Buddy it's time for bed let big sis get some rest then you can be with her all day tomorrow he pick up David and left the room after David said goodnight to her.

When Alex placed David in his bed, he kissed him on the forehead. Alex heard David call his name and looked at him, do you think that they will hurt Kim like they hurt daddy? Alex clench his jaw and said not if I have something to do about it, she will be safe, you will be safe in my care. Then with a sleepy voice David ask, do you like my sister? Alex froze then looked at David, with all my heart , I don't like your sister, I am madly in love with her and with recent events I will protect what's mine.