Chapter 8: Welcome to Diaz Incorporation

Waking up Monday morning to the alarm going off, has Kimberley bolting through her place to get ready for work. 

"David where are you? It is time for School," she yells. 

David is sitting at the counter eating lucky charms while he watches cartoon on his tablet, making Kimberley place her hands on her waist and scold him for wasting his time on the tablet.

After dropping David off to School, she makes her way to work where she is introduce to the friendly staff. Going in the Elevator, she makes her way up to Mr. Diaz office where she encounters yelling by Mr. Diaz himself. 

Kimberley groans and under her breath she says, "Not again." 

As she stops in front of the door, she is about to knock when the door flies open and a man runs straight into her knocking them both to the ground.  Alexander who is sitting down at his desk  jumps up and runs to the door. Looking at the scene in front of him makes his blood boil.

Kimberley is on the floor underneath the man and his left hand is gripping her breast, while his mouth is on her cheek.  Brandon has just walk out of the Elevator where he takes in the scene in front of him.

"I have walk into many awkward situations in my life, but I must say this one is literally amusing," says Brandon.  

Kim tells the man on top of her that she feels really uncomfortable and he gets off of her and helps her up at the same time. 

"Thanks" says Kimberley.

The man keeps staring at Kimberley as she brushes off and fixes herself. Alexander and Brandon is looking at him with an intense stare because the man did not let go of Kim's hand. 

"Have we meant before?" asks the man. 

Kim looks up at the man and replies, "No." 

Kim tries to remove her hand from his hand, but he asks her again this time adding on that she reminds him of the daughter of a man who use to work in Australia as a computer genius. 

Kim looks down at the floor and tries to pull her hand away because she knows if the man knew about her father there is 100% chance he is working for the enemy.

Still trying to release her hand she hisses when his grip gets tight and tears starts to form in her eyes. A deep smack is heard and the man is laying on the floor grunting. Arms wraps itself around Kim and she sinks into the warm embrace. 

"Go into my Office and close the door, I will be right there," says Alex in a soothing voice.

Kim bolts to Alex Office as soon as he lets her go.  Outside she hears yelling and other noises. 

"I am coming back for you, you hear me, I am coming back for you," Kim hears the man yells as, what sounds like him being drag out by Security.

Kim drops to the floor in fear and starts sobbing, after all that work of making sure she stays off the grid, she is still running into people who are associated with the people who murdered her father. Arms was wrap around Kim and lifts her from the floor to the couch. 

"Talk to me Kim, tell me what's going on," says Alexander. 

"I can't Alex, as much as I want to, I am not ready to talk about my past," Kim tells him. 

Alex nods his head and speaks again saying, "Whenever you are ready, I will be here."

As the day goes by, Kimberley gets settle into her new environment. Working hard, by the time she is finish, lunchtime comes around. Checking the time, she notices it is 2:30 pm and heads out for lunch across the street. Sitting down at the table she starts to sketch the people around her. 

"May I take a seat Kimberley?" asks a soft voice.

Kim looks up from her sketch pad to see Kerry Diaz and with a smile she replies, "O course."

"So how is work going" Kerry asks.

"It started off crazy but when the work load came it was great. It took my mind off of things and I am happy," Kim replies to her in a happy tone.

Kerry smiles at Kim's answer and they continue to talk until lunch is over.

"Well I have to go back to the Office, it was nice talking to you Mrs. Diaz," says Kim as she stands up from her seat.

"Please call me Kerry, there is no need for formalities dear." 

Kim laughs and hugs Kerry, then she says, "It is nice having someone to talk to."

Kim makes her way to the Conference room and sets it up for Alexander's meeting. After putting together the equipment for the presentation, she sits down and her mind wonders off to this morning and the man who she killed. Kim is so deep in her thoughts that it takes her a while to hear that her phone is ringing.

"Hello, I am calling for Ms. Jones," says the person on the phone. 

"This is she, may I ask who is calling?" Kim questions in a curious tone.

"Ms. Jones I am Neil Cooper, Am calling to talk to you about your father."

Kim gasps and replies in a low angry tone, "If you are calling to mess with me..."

The man cuts her off by saying, "Look I know you do not trust everyone who says they know your father, but trust me when I say you are going to want to hear what I have to say, please this is important Ms. Jones." There is a long pause until Kim agrees to see him next week.

In the meeting Kim could not help but think about Neil Cooper and his relationship with her father. She asks herself, "Where they friends or Business partners? Should she trust her instinct?"

After the meeting is over, Alexander comes up to her and asks her about the presentation, but she is still in deep thought as she mutters Neil's name under her breath. Without a notice or warning, Kim feels lips against her own and notices she is being kiss by Alex. After a few moments she gives in and kisses him back which becomes intense.

When they pull apart, they are both panting and Kim speaks, "You just steal my first kiss."

Alex smirks then whispers into her ears, "I know and only I can do that to you, you want to know why?"

Still panting Kim nods and Alex replies, "Because you are mine Kim, your heart, your mind, your body, your everything thing is mine and I do not like to share with no one. 

Alex walks to the door then he turns around, "Oh and Kim, Welcome to Diaz Incorporation."