Chapter 22: I forgive you Sirus but I am not sure about Alexander

As the police take statements, Alex sat on the bed next to Kim watching everyone work. Sirus who had just finish talking to the police walked over to them, I am so sorry about Camron, he should have never been here in the first place but when he realize he was close to saying something secretive he shut up. Alex squeeze his eyes together looking at Sirus, Kim lean forward touching his hand, I want to thank you for everything and I forgive you.

    Sirus nodded with a smile then turn around and left, the doctor check up on Kim and said she can leave. After getting up they made to the car, tell me you are not really considering being friends with Sirus again Alex ask while his eyes are on the road. Kim huff and said, forgive him yes, be friends with him no, I know what you are thinking that I am trusting him but I do not at all trust him, he broke it and with me trust is hard to come back.

  Alex grab Kim's hand and kiss it, do me another favor he pause then continued, keep your distance from Sirus, there is something more about him but I cannot put my finger on it. Kim unbuckle her seat belt, leaning forward she kiss Alex on the cheek, I promise I will keep my distance from him after all he was the one who cause us to be separated.

   When they arrive home Alex made his way to the home office where he discovered his father,  Brandon and Jarod waiting for him. We need to talk about what happen, it is possible somebody is targeting Kimberley as well as the company and I have a feeling Sirus showing up is not a coincidence. I am going to talk to Sirus father next week after the banquet because your mother postponed it to many times and she will kill me if we have to do it again. Alex nodded at him then spoke, well we can't wait for next week lets have Mike and Frank dig deeper for anything on Sirus and whiles they are at it, check up on Mr. Valentino.

  As Kim was walking she listen to David talk about his day and came to a stop looking at the portrait that sat on the wall. She realize that the picture was her handy work then a flashback came to her of what her father said on the recording, you will find the software disk by the painting that captures the happiest moment in our life. She lift the portrait off the wall and turn it over then proceeded to search for anything indicating that it can lift up.

   A gasp escape her lips because she found it, pulling out a disk she felt joy knowing that her father's work is in her hands, she ran to Alex office with David on her heel. Alex you would not believe what I have found she said holding up the disk, what is that Charles ask smiling at Kim, it is the software my father left his last clue was about the portrait he gave you, it was a portrait I painted when I was young before mother's passing.

   Alex got up and went closer to her, am happy you found it, now what should we do with it. Kim looked at the disk then to Alex. She then looked around the whole room, I don't know what to do with this, it will only cause us trouble in the future. Alex stare at her for a second before grabbing the disk and placing it between a book on the shelf, for now lets keep it safe we do not want to get rid of your father's work just yet.

    Oh there you are come on the banquet is two days from now and I want you to look your best, lets get going Kerry said pulling Kim by the arm. Son what are you thinking Charles spoke after they left, Alex walk over to where he place the disk and take it out. I am going to let somebody else take a look at this without Kim's knowledge the less she knows the less danger she is in.  Walking out of the office he got on the phone, Jarod I need your special team of computer geeks there is something I want them to work on in secret.

   The mall was more crowded today than usual but that did not stop Kerry from dragging Kim to every store to find the perfect dress. As they look around a royal blue dress captures Kim's eyes, that's the one Kerry said behind her, Kim looked around and smile at her, it sure is she replied. Paying for it they left to find something to eat before heading home, Kim could not shake off the feeling that she was being watch, is everything okay Kim she heard Kerry ask with concern, smiling  she said yes it's just my mind playing tricks on me but deep down she knew it was more.

    When the arrive at home, Kim made her way to her room and sat on the bed, hearing a knock she told the person to come in and was grace with Alex presence. You look tired he said then laugh, my mother have a way of doing that to the women she sees as her daughters, Kim laugh then hold her arms open for him to come to her. As he wrap his arms around he they pull apart then shared a passionate kiss, it was slow and sweet, would you like to stay with me tonight Kim ask as Alex trail kisses down her neck, he moan a yes before pulling himself and her together as they lay in bed.

   Meanwhile a car approach a man standing in the dark on the bridge, you had one job but you blew it, first off you let that idiot Neil mess up everything luckily I got rid of him and his son Stephen so they won't get in our way, second Camron was suppose to die before he tried to get to Kim, not only the police are going to figure out that he take drugs that had just hit the streets, I do not trust you we might be family but you was not raise by me. The man who arrive in the car laugh, I don't care at least you got rid of those two less work for me but I am not letting you come between me and my plans.

   What plans is that? the man on the bridge ask, you think you were the first one to fall in love with Kim he pause then said no. While she was taking care of you I was admiring her for being an incredible girl, even when I was send to Australia for boarding school it was horrible until she came to me selling girl scout cookies she offered to sit and talk to me and then help me make friends because her cuteness draws people in and she was right.

  So you see she was practically my girl but when her father figured out who I was I tried to explain that she was way to young for me and I saw her as a sister but he saw through my act and kept her away from me, he knew who I was from his research so I had to make up a plan to get rid of him so I ask Stephen to dig and found out about his software knowing that you wanted something from Edward Jones after investing in his projects.

   In the end you were just my pawn Mr. Valentino and now I can get rid of you and take my rightful place to what I so much deserve. A shot rang and the man in the car step out to Mr. Valentino who was on the bridge. Looks like your reign is over with that the man shot Mr. Valentino who died slowly.