Chapter 9: A Day Off with the Diaz's around

It has been a week working in the Diaz Incorporation and to say Kimberley is exhausted  is an understatement. Not only has Alexander have her on her feet, but he also keeps a close eye on her, making sure nobody tries to mess with what is his. 

Kimberley could not believe that Alexander stole her first kiss just to make a point. Now he is making sure nobody is in a 5ft radius of her, which is basically why she have her own office because as he states, "The department have all men.

Getting up, she gets David ready for school but a message pop up on her phone indicating she have an Email causes her to stop what she is doing. Thinking it is Alex telling her to come to work she opens it only to see it is from the school.

"Due to the pipes bursting, School is close until further notice."                                                               

Best Regards,                                                                                                                                                                          Principal 

"Well, this puts a change in my plans," she says as she looks up at her brother.

"KJ, What are we going to do now? There is no more field trip now that School is close," says David in disappointment.

"No way buddy, since you can not go on your field trip with your friends, How about just the two of us go on our own field trip? You can choose the place."

Putting his pointing finger under his chin, David rubs as his finger back and forward as he thinks.   "The Beach sounds like a good idea, we haven't been to one in a long time," he says with a smile. 

Kim smile is as bright as the sun as she tells David, "Munchkin, that is the best idea ever."

Kimberley and David arrives at the beach where David dash out to the sand to start building sand castles. Kim sets down her beach bag and lays out two towels, then she opens her umbrella  for shade.

"David do you want something to eat or drink?" she asks causing him to stop what he is doing.

He turns around and shouts, "Not now."

As David continues to play, Kim takes out the equipment she needs for painting. Ever since she was young, she would paint different places or paint portraits of her family before her mom past. Her Dad would take the paintings but she never knew what he did with them, when she would ask he would say, "They are in a safe place."

Even before she got the Job at Diaz Incorporation, she would make some cash for her paintings. Smiling to herself, she takes in the view of her brother playing in the water and starts to paint. After an hour, she is finish with a her work and wraps up the painting then joins David. 

"David come look at this," says Kimberley as she beckons him over, and when David comes near her she splash's water on him.

David squeals and splash's water back onto Kim which causes them to have a water fight. They are running around playing, when a group of boys shows up disturbing their fun.

"Hey babe, wanna join us?" One of them asks.

When Kim is about to answer, David grabs her hand and pulls her away while he answers the boys saying, "No thank you!"

One of the boys comes up to Kim and says, "Awe, don't be like that honey, send the little one to a Nanny and come party with us."

David yells "She is not your honey, now can you please leave my sister alone?"