Chapter 27: Searching for Sirus, Neil and Stephen

Kim could not sleep because of the thoughts running through her head. She had nightmares about what was happening to David making her get up to drink a glass of milk. Can't sleep? she heard Alex asked. Turning around she nodded and tears started to swell in her eyes. I just can't help but think that at this moment, they are hurting him, I know I might be exaggerating but... pausing she look off then hang her head down.

Shuffling was heard and a finger was place on her chin, lifting her head up Alex eyes met hers. I promise that we will find David and make sure Sirus, Neil and Stephen never see the daylight. Smiling Kim nodded but the smile did not reach her eyes. Come to bed with me, Alex said causing Kim to drop to the floor. Are you alright he ask holding unto her, yes she reply, my legs just got weak from what you just said.

I don't mean in the way you were thinking he said turning red, I mean you will sleep better with me at your side and I think I will sleep better without worrying that someone is in the house trying to take you away from me. Biting her bottom lip she followed him all the way up to his room, are you sure that I this is okay, it looks like you were working and I do not want be a burden, she said because of the junk of papers on his bed.

Alex look at her then at the bed, walking over to it he gather everything off of it and throw it on the chair, then he lift Kim up and rest her on the bed. Alex, Kimberley groan earning a smirk from him, you didn't hear me when I say you are mine and that means that no matter where I am or what am doing you will always come first. Kim look him in the eyes then her eyes glance at his lips, they keep inching closer to each other until they share a passionate kiss.

Pulling apart they try to catch their breath, Kim was staring at the floor blushing hard, she could not looking at Alex. Tilting her head up with his pointing finger, Alex wipe her bottom lip with his thumb, I promise you Kim that as of tonight you will be my love, the woman I want to wake up beside and the woman I want bare my children. We will find David and we will get Justice for your parents. Thank you Alex, Kim said in tears, laying  down she felt the bed dip and arms wrap around her. Falling asleep she hears Alex whispering soothing words in her ears, with that she fell asleep.

Waking up, Kim turn over to find the side Alex slept on empty. She was starting to think last night was a dream until she look on the pillow and saw a neatly folded letter. It reads,

Good morning my love, I got a call from Mike and Frank about information on Sirus, Neil and Stephen whereabouts. Please do not leave the mansion because we believe that they are waiting to get you alone. I will be back by dinner so feel free to ask the chef to whip something up for you.

Love Alex,

Your future Husband, wink

Kim started laughing she thought his note was so sweet, this made her day a little better. Getting up she made her way downstairs and kindly ask the cooks to make her a berry pancake, the cooks were happy to oblige. She did not want to get in their way so she headed to the back yard. Looking ahead of her, Kim went out in a daze, she could not help that her mind keep wondering if David was okay or if they are feeding him. As her mind kept wondering, she heard noise from the inside of the house.

Getting up she runs to the door but stop when she hears gunshots. Not thinking twice she opens the door and the scene in front of her is gruesome, blood was everywhere and familiar faces of the staff bodies was laying on the ground, unmoving. Taking deep breaths she quietly sneak upstairs and find an empty room to hide, when she finally find one, she locks the door and picks up the telephone where she dialed Alex.

Meanwhile, Alex and his father along with his brothers, Jarod, Brandon, Mike, Frank, and a few people they hired sat down discussing the whereabouts of Sirus, Neil and Stephen. They already know Sirus kill Mr. Beckford and now that the old man is dead, the inheritance automatically goes to Kim and David as stated in his will.

So what you are telling me is that bastard is off the grid? Alex ask through clench teeth. That's correct, Jarod replies, Kim clean him out after he use her to bring the company down with the help of Melissa, he was not expecting Kim to set up meetings with the clients he stole from us to tell them about Sirus scam nor her hacking his computer to take back the money he stole from us. That day when we had to evacuate the building, that was Stephen hiring someone to get into the network but thanks to Kim quick thing she backup everything and lock them out.

The room is silent until Alex phone went off, taking his phone out of his pocket he saw Kim's number flash on the screen, smiling to himself he answer but the smile left when he heard Kim sobbing. Alex, someone's in the house and there is blood everywhere. Hearing those words Alex shouted at Mike and Frank to have their men go the house immediately. Where are you hiding Kim? Alex ask softly and she replies in the closet.

As Alex reassures her that help is on the way and she is going to be alright, banging noise is heard on the line. Kim what is that? Alex ask in a panic tone. Kim's voice went down to whisper, someone is in the room. Charles motion for Alex to put what is happening on speaker phone, as he did, the sound of Kim screaming cause everyone to flinch. Kim! Alex yelled but the line went silent.

Minutes later, deep breathing was heard before a familiar  and sinister voice said, Hello Alex, did you get to say goodbye to you beautiful girlfriend before we head home because after today you will never see her again. Sirus! everyone in the room says with venom, Sirus started laughing an evil laugh, I will make sure send you an invitation to our wedding, see you when I see you, with that he hang up. Alex has gotten so angry that he started smashing things that was on his desk, breathing hard Alex spit out, the search for Sirus, Neil and Stephen is important, we must find them.