Chapter 6: The start of something crazy

It has been four weeks since everything happen and to say it was crazy for Kimberley would be and understatement. Looking out of the window of her Condo is surreal for her because she never thought in her wildest dreams she would be in this stage in her life. 

"Sissy Mr. Diaz is here to see you," says David.

Turning around Kimberley looks at Alexander standing there as he leans on the door staring with his gray eyes upon her, causing her to blush.

Can I help you with something Mr. Diaz? she asks as she bites her bottom lip. 

Seconds past with him staring at her and when the silence becomes too long, he stands up straight and says, "I came to see if you were settling in your new environment."

"It is nice, but did you have to come here to for that," asks Kim.

Alex starts walking close to her and stops directly in front of her. 

"I had to because of my actions..." but Kim cuts him off saying she did not blame him for his actions it was a bad time for him. 

Alex looks at her to see her biting her bottom lip and he exhales harshly and places his thumb on her bottom lip and with deep breaths he says, "Stop biting your lip or you would not like the consequences. 

Kim blushes and looks down, a thought passes through her mind so she decides to ask, "what convince you that I was not a spy in your company?"

Alexander stare at her for a while before speaking saying that him and his security team watch the footage and saw one of their own walking into his office and after minutes went by he exited. 

"When he question him he lied and after we search his place we found files on his computer belonging to the company that was sent to another company, he was the spy in the company."

"Oh that is insane, I can't believe that a person would do that, well actually I could believe because that is the same way how my father was screwed over before he passed. It's just that am sorry you had to go through that." As Kim keeps ranting, Alexander pulls her into a hug and she breathes in his scent. 

"Thank you," says Alexander and she replies "You're welcome Mr. Diaz. 

"Please call me Alexander," he says and smiles at her.

Kim nods yes and asks, "Can I call you Alex?

He stiffen but later nods his head yes, "See you Monday Kim," and walks out.

Kim went to the front desk to ask about the key card and if it is ready for the entrance and other amenities. Mr. Ronald the guy behind the desk hands her an envelope and goes over a few policies. 

Walking back up to her room she sees men dress in all black standing outside the door across from her.  A man comes out and is push to the floor by one of the men in black. Afraid for him Kim scolds the man who push the poor man. 

Are you alright? Do you need help? she asks as she bends down to his level.

The man on the ground smile and says,  "That would be great."

After Kim helps the man she offers to take him to dinner because as she is helping him, she discovers he just lost his job. As they makes their way to the restaurant across the street, Kim looks back to notice one of the men is on the phone. 

They goes into the restaurant and sits down. Kim smiles at him and is about to say something but the guy speaks at the same time as her. No you first they both say, No you they both say again and laughs. 

"Ladies first," the man says.

Kim replies, "Men were created first so go ahead." 

"Too shay my friend," he says then goes on to ask, "So what are you doing living in New York, you sound like you are from England or is it Ireland? 

Kim laughs and says, "Actually, I am from Australia and to answer your other question I am a computer nerd along with other things so I have to expand my horizon with my skills."

"So tell me Cam is it short  for Camden?" Kim asks. 

"Nope it is really short for Camron," he says as he rubs his neck. 

"Nice your parents sure had a name discussion before you were born because usually Cam is short for Camden," says Kim as she takes a sip of her drink.

Cam laughs and says, "Yea that's what I loved the most about my parents, they always had their life planned out, even down to what their children would be name."

"So where are they now?" asks Kim who rests her chin in her palm listening to Camron. 

Cam mood went down then he replies, "They passed away in a car accident." 

"Oh am so sorry for intruding, I know the feeling my mother passed away when my brother and I were young and my father passed away recently," she says sadly.

Cam nods his head in understanding and then asks, "So would you like to come to with me to the new seafood restaurant? You can call it a date." 

"Absolutely not" a deep voice says behind Kim. 

Kim turns around and is startle to see Alexander standing there with gray angry eyes, dress in black just like the men surrounding him. 

Through clench teeth Alexander says, "Camron I thought I told you to leave and never come around anything or anyone who belongs to me."

Camron face turns blue and Kim is confuse so she speaks and asks, "Cam how do Alex know you?" But before anyone can answer, she goes on to say, "Oh this is perfect, Alex, Cam needs a Job he just got layed off from his."

"Kim I don't think that is a good idea, just lets get our food and go." Camron says.                        Cam grabs her arm and went to turn around but felt her being pull from his grip. 

"You didn't you hear me clearly, you are not taking her anywhere with you," Alexander says while wrapping his hands around her. "Not only did you disobey my orders but you messing with what belongs to me," he states.

Anger arise in Cam face as he yells, "She does not belong to you, she is not property and she can make her own decisions." 

Alexander pushes Kim into one of his men arms and goes up into Camron's face. 

"Kim is mine whether she knows it or not, so get this through your thick skull, stay away from her, she is too innocent to be around someone like you and if I catch you around her, you will wish that you have never been born," spits Alexander with venom. 

Alexander grabs Kim and tells Brandon to pay for the food the waitress is holding and bring it to where Kim was staying. As they went into the car Kim asks Alex, "Why did you do that to Camron?" Alex tells her that Camron was the man that was fired for spying on the company. 

"That's the guy?" Kim asks. "And here I am asking you to give him a Job, oh how I am having a blonde moment."

Alexander arrives to the Condominiums and escorts Kim to her door. Brandon comes up behind Alex. "Kim meet Brandon, a close buddy of mine," Alex says as he puts he his on Brandon shoulder.

"Yea I saw him when they were throwing Cam out," she says while laughing. There is a long pause before she asks, "Is he the reason to how you know that I was with Cam?"

"Don't say his name ever again and yes he contact me, I do not want Cam close to you because it was a lot more things I found out during my investigation," says Alex with an angry look.

Kim huffs then says, "My father always said being nice is not good because people will take advantage of me, I can't help that I am a magnet for people like them." 

"That is why I am going to keep you close to my side" says Alexander, then he kisses her on the forehead. "Goodnight Kim" he hands her the takeout. 

Kim replies by saying, "Goodnight" and runs inside. Leaning on the door she can feel her heart beating hard and fast, she places a hand on her chest as she wonders, "Is this what having a crush feels like or is it something else?"