Chapter 23: Preparing for the Banquet

Okay so the cooks, servers, musicians, guest list and decorations have been check and it looks like everything is in place any other thing or things I forgot Melissa, Kerry ask looking up from the tablet she was holding. In a sarcastic tone Melissa said, Yeah a professional planner so we don't have to work so hard and in return Kerry smack her on the arm. Melissa you and I both know it is the women of the Diaz duty to throw a Banquet, it is to show people that we are capable of showing our place and elegancy in this family. 

Am sorry but isn't a Banquet for people to collect their own food why do you need servers asked Kim. Grabbing her Kerry said because we don't want people to start thinking that we have no money, they will start thinking we had them serve themselves because we could not afford servers, darling this banquet is different from the ones you had in school or wherever. Kim smile at her then squeak when Kerry pulled her along, now lets go get you a dress that will have my son drooling and tripping over his feet all night when he look at you.

After a half an hour they reach the dress shop, well here we are my favorite place Kerry said with excitement. Wow that is something Kim spoke with confusion, you do know this is a bridal shop she continued. Kerry laugh, yes but I have a secret weapon to get the most beautiful dresses a lady could have, yea and you might never know when you will have to come back her for a wedding dress Melissa said who was trailing behind them.

Making their way in the shop Kerry made her way to the back for a few minutes then came out with a  lady with red hair, a red dress, and red shows. Melissa whispered into Kim's ear, That's Amber but we call her Red because all she wears is red, you would think she is the descendant of little red riding hood, when I first saw her and she gave me attitude I ask where is the wolf when you need one. Kim giggle and told Melissa that was rude but Melissa just shrug and said well she was rude to me.

 Hi my name is Amber, Kerry told me you need a dress that will knock Alexander off his feet, well am your girl she rushed out then grab Kim's hand pulling her to the back for fitting. Now what color do you think will look amazing on you, no wait I am seeing you in a royal blue dress so lets get to work she said excited. After a while Kim was done with her measurements and picking of patterns, she made her way to the front where Kerry was on the phone telling Alexander to calm down and that Kim was with her.

Melissa walk over to Kim, that dude need to seriously relax, he is about to give himself high blood pressure at a young age.  Kim looked at Kerry, what was the purpose of buying me a dress at the mall then coming here to create one, I think you are doing to much am fine with that dress at home, Kerry said yes I know that but I was visiting a friend whose daughter bought the same dress.

She has had a crush on my Alexander since they were in Highschool but he never showed no interest in her and I feel if you and her show up in the same dress, that she devil will try to sabotage yours, she even said since she heard Alexander was seen buying a royal blue and black tux she thinks will match him and his eyes will be on her all night. I not saying that your beauty and his love for you will capture Alex eyes but I want you to be so damn hot that he will follow you everywhere and don't have time for that girl Kerry ranted.

Well since you put it that way I have an idea that will highlight that dress Amber is creating and am pretty sure I will have to thank evie from descendants for this inspiration Kim said while smiling. They continued to shop and set things up for the banquet, Kerry found David a nice little tux for him to wear at the banquet. I have to use the bathroom can you wait here for a few minutes Kim ask causing Melissa to roll her eyes, girl go where do we have to go right now our food isn't even ready yet, Kim thank them then ran off to the bathroom where she met a women looking in the mirror.

 After she finish relieving herself Kim walk out of the stall to find the women still looking in the mirror. Excuse me are you alright miss she ask, the women smile and said am fine Kimberley. Kim gasp at he women and started stepping back slowly, she didn't know who this women was to know her name. Don't be afraid child, I am here to warn you be careful at the Banquet and make sure you stay by Alexander or his family side all night.

 Who are you Kim ask but the women cut her off saying who I am is of no importance, but my mission is, I made a deal along time ago to a close friend that I will protect her family when she pass and when she did and left her family to the dogs knowing it will be theres and the Diaz family downfall. Now am paying for that sin because I have lost people  and what hurt the most is it could have been prevented if I had just open my mouth and stop my jealousy for that person.

Who was that person? Hearing that question the women looked up at Kim and said that person was her the only thing she had that cared for her. She walk up to Kim and handed her a bracelet, this is a gift that will help you in your time of need wear it at the banquet and when you are in a situation that needs assistance squeeze it tightly. Kim smile at the woman then left making her way to Melissa and Kerry she place the bracelet in her bag. Thinking of the women she felt preparing for the Banquet is tiresome and crazy.