Wallet (Part 2)

"Come on Jacky, there must be more to the story." Lula whines.

"There's not. That was the very last time I ever saw her." I sigh, playing with my calloused fingers.

"Well that's a pretty uneventful story you got. Sorry buddy, but maybe it was for the best."

"Maybe it was..."

Our depressing conversation gets cut short as Danny enters the room.

"We have a huge problem. Jack, come quick!"

My heart rate picks up as I follow behind Danny, Lula trailing behind me as well.

We enter the back room and my stomach drops at the face on the screen.

Max.

"Jack, if you're watching this, I need you to meet me at the Thames River at 8:30. Don't be late and don't ask questions. See you there." Her blue eyes hold terror in them and I get a last glimpse of them before the screen goes black.

"No." I breathe, nearly falling. "No, not Max!"

"Jack, calm down. We'll figure something out." Merritt says, slowly approaching me. "I bet it's just Thaddeus. Don't worry, we'll get her back." He assures me.

And with that, we begin to create a plan.

~Max's POV~

I strain against the ropes on my wrists, my eyes wide and my body alert.

"There's no use in trying to fight it, Maxie." Thaddeus hums. "Only the greatest magicians can escape knots that complex." He leans in close to me, making me shoot him a cold glare. "You're nothing but an amateur."

"Jack...hurry."

~Jack's POV~
(8:30 pm, Thames River)

The cold air nips at my exposed hands and face, sending small shivers through my spine.

"Can you all hear me?" Danny's voice flows through the earpiece.

"Check." Lula and Merritt confirm.

"Check." I say, taking in my surroundings and making sure to keep my voice low.

"Ok. Lula, stand by. Make sure the rope is tight enough. Merritt, stay low. I'm ready with the car. Jack," he pauses. "Go get her."

I quickly make my way to the bridge. (I don't know if the Thames River has a bridge but just go with it.)

I immediately spot Max, quickly jogging to where she is. I can see the fear in her sky blue eyes as I approach her.

"Max!" I shout, gaining her attention.

"Jack! Stop! Don't cross the tripwire!" She shouts back, causing me stop only inches from it. "If you pass the line, the knives will fall." She says, motioning up to the rack of knives above her head.

"Don't worry. I'll get you out."

"Well, well, well. If isn't death himself." Thaddeus' voice rings out from behind me. I turn around and shoot him a cold glare. "Aw, don't give me that look Jacky. You know your little girlfriend hates it."

"Let her go."

"Give me the stick."

"Over my dead body."

"Or maybe over hers."

"Jack, go. Merritt, get ready." Danny informs, his voice ringing through the earpiece.

"Fine." I say, reaching into my pocket to pull out the stick. "You want it so bad? Take it." I flick it at him and he catches it.

Just then, Merritt appears from the shadows, locking Thaddeus into a trance as I use a bladed playing card to cut Max free.

"Move!" I yell at her. She immediately sprints towards me as Lula releases the iron cage onto Thaddeus. "Merritt, Lula, come on! We have to find Danny!"

"Cure you Horsemen! You'll get what's coming to you!" Thaddeus yells from insides the cage.

"I'm sure it's nothing we can't handle for a bunch of amateurs." Max replies sassily.

We all laugh and run to meet Danny at the truck. Once we all board and settle down, Max engulfs me into a hug, crying into my chest.

"You're ok now." I soothe, running my hand through her curls.

"I'm so sorry Jacky..." She sobs, gripping me tighter. "I should've never left you. I missed you so much. I still...I stil-"

I cut her words short by pulling her into a sweet kiss.

"You don't have to apologize. I still love you too."

She sadly smiles at me as I pull her into my side.

And all we do is sit there, staring at the moon together.

Two amateurs and an unbreakable love.
-----
Author's Note:
That was really crappy, I'm sorry. :(
Also sorry for posting it so late. School has been kicking my butt.
Anyways, I hope you all liked it and thank you to BeautifulMax2001 for requesting it. :)
Requests are still open so send some in!❤️
-peachywilder