United

This is so late, I am so sorry!!!
I hope you enjoy it!!
-Maddy
✖️

Sobs wrack your body as the news on the television plays. You can hardly bring yourself to look at the screen, the headline making your heart stop every glance you take at it.

"He's gone." The thought repeats itself in your mind over and over again like a broken record.

"Hey Y/N-" Lula's voice cuts off at seeing you on the sofa. She rushes to your side and quickly shuts the television off, wrapping you up in her arms.

"We were only t-together for a year L-Lula...." Another sob escapes your trembling lips as you cling onto her. "I c-can't believe I'll n-never get to spend the r-rest of my life with h-him..." You break down completely, her words, even her touch becoming numb around you.

Jack was your only light. He couldn't be gone. Not now, not ever.

Then, your vision turns black and you fall into a deep dark void.

(The next afternoon)

You stare blankly at the ceiling of Lula's room, only having awoken a few minutes ago but completely aware of the current situation.

It was a stunt gone wrong. It was only meant to be a harmless magic trick.

He was supposed to be ok, he promised he would be ok.

He lied.

You feel everything and nothing, subconsciously clenching the sheets into your fists, hot tears slipping down the sides of your tired face.

A knock at the door causes you to peer over, seeing Danny in the threshold.

"Hey Y/N..." He trails off before clearing his throat. "Your mail came in. Should I-"

"Just bring into me." You say weakly, forcing yourself to sit upright.

Danny asks no questions, following through with your request and setting the small stack of envelopes onto the bed next you before quietly leaving.

You look through them one by one, tossing each one to the side.

"Bills, bills, bills, bi-" you cut yourself off, a red envelope in your hands, your name written out in messy handwriting across the front of it in crisp white ink. Handwriting that's all too familiar.

"Jack."
-----
I hope you all enjoyed, I'm so sorry for uploading this late.
There will be a part 2 posted (hopefully) sometime tomorrow.
Thank you for reading!! 💖
-Maddy