Pilot

Alright, I hope you will enjoy this story!
A few things to know-
(Y/N)- your name
(L/N)- last name
(H/C)- hair color
(E/C)- eye color
italics- thoughts of others
Bold italics- your thoughts or author's notes

I might add on more, so please bear with me!

--------------------------------------------------

The dark walls closed in around you. Everything being sucked from the room. The walls crushed closer, and closer, until all that remained in the room was a bloody head.

You jerked awake, panting. You glanced over at the clock, and sighed. 5 a.m. You still had three hours before you had to arrive at work. You untangled yourself from the sheets, and hobbled to the bathroom. Your shoulders creaked and your knees groaned, as you got ready. You showered, brushed your teeth, and brushed your hair. You pulled out the clean blue uniform, and got dressed.

You wore a black formfitting t-shirt under the blue uniform coat, black slacks, and the black boots. You tied back your (h/c) hair, put on your white gloves, and slid on your long black coat.

Exiting your rather small apartment, you headed down the road on foot. The heels of your boots clicked rhythmically against the sidewalk. People respectfully stepped out of the way as you passed. You walked into your work, and headed straight to your office. You unlocked the door, strode across the room, and dropped into your desk.

Piles of paperwork cluttered the largest desk in the office, so you took it upon yourself to fill out and file what you could. The three hours flew by faster then expected. Before long people began to file into the office.

"Ah, good evening (Y/N)." Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye gave you a smile.

"Evening, Lieutenant." You returned her smile.

"You insist on everyone calling you by your first name, so there's no need for such formality."

You weren't sure how to respond, but fortunately Kain Fuery arrived. "Evening, Sergeant Fuery." You greeted.

"Hello, (Y/N), you're as early as always." Fuery noted, as Jean Havoc entered the office.

"Didn't sleep all too well." You shrugged.

"Again? I don't think that's healthy. You are always the last to leave, and the first to arrive." Havoc replied, his brow furrowed. Vato Falman and Heymans Breda walked in, and gave you a nod, before heading to their desks.

"It's nothing to worry about. It's not going to slow me down." You dismissed.

"That's enough chitchat." Riza instructed, as the door was once again opened.

"Hello, Mustang." You grinned at the raven-haired alchemist.

"She's so formal with everyone else, but not to the Colonel." Breda chuckled quietly to the others.

"You're still here." Mustang looked at you with mild amusement.

"Of course. I'll be here for a few more days. I'll be leaving on another trip that will last for a month." You replied blandly.

"A month? Are you sure?" Riza looked at you worriedly. "You're still young, why don't you take it easy for a while?"

"What would be the point?" You stated bluntly. "I have no one, nothing, and nowhere. I'm a wanderer now, that's all there is for someone like me." With that, you returned to your desk.

Nobody spoke, they all just watched you silently. Nobody knew how to respond. "(Y/N), I want you to accompany the Lieutenant and myself to Central." Mustang spoke up, breaking the silence.

"What for?" You replied with a bored yawn.

"I have a job for you, and there are some people I want you to meet." Mustang explained.

You sighed, and rubbed the back of your neck. "Fine, but it better not be boring. I hope you remember our previous agreement." You added.

"Of course, Lieutenant." Riza nodded.

"We leave straight away. We'll meet at the station at noon." Mustang instructed.

"You can do whatever you want, I'll go on ahead." You said, as you got up from your desk.

"Why not wait a little, and travel with us?" Hawkeye inquired.

"I prefer to be alone." You stated before leaving.

-------------------------------------

You boarded the first train you could, and sat alone in the back of the train. You leaned against the window, and starred at the blurring landscape. You were not tempted by the folds of sleep, nor were interested in conversing with the many people intrigued by your uniform. Time crept by slowly for you, and your mind wandered into places you dreaded.

When the train finally came to a stop, it was a welcome distraction from the dark thoughts clouding your mind. You grabbed your small bag, and bounded off the train. This place hasn't changed. You thought to yourself with a smirk. You walked straight into town, wandering the busy streets carelessly. So carelessly, in fact, that you crashed into someone.

You looked up to see who you crashed into, and came face to face with two people. One wore a bulky suit of armor, and the other was a boy with blond hair.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." You apologized with a nervous chuckle.

"No worries, it was an accident." The person in the suit of armor replied with a dismissive wave. He sounded like a young boy, not much younger than yourself.

"Come on, we don't have time to waste." The blond-haired boy said rather rudely. He didn't even acknowledge your existence. The boy nudged the armor-clad kid, and pushed past you. You watched after them with mild curiosity in your eyes. Maybe this trip won't be as boring as I thought.

------------------------------

That's it for the first chapter. I promise the chapters will be longer, this is just the pilot chapter.
I hope you like this story! If you do, leave a comment to help motivate me to keep going.