The Freezer

The three of you wandered the streets, and kept an eye peeled for McDougal. You got to see a little of his handiwork in the form of a dead body, five actually.

"How repulsive." You grumbled.

"Steam explosion." Edward scowled.

"A sudden increase in the temperature causes water to violently explode outward." You growled in disgust. "We should get going."

The three of you continued your search. You were jogging down the street, when an explosion sounded behind you. You turned in time to see little heads spinning away. Great, I have to deal with the weirdo. You thought to yourself with a groan.

The three of you sprinted to the alley. As you'd suspected, Armstrong was in the middle of a fight with McDougal.

"Major!" Alphonse called out to the Strong-Arm Alchemist.

Realizing he was trapped, McDougal threw his canteen. The small container exploded into a wave of hot steam. You covered your face with your arm, and Alphonse shielded Edward.

"Thanks for the save, Al." You heard the blond boy say.

You dropped your arm, and turned to Armstrong. "Are you alright, Major?" You asked him, making sure to adjust your slightly damaged coat.

"I am unhurt. We must go after him." Armstrong stated.

"Right!" Edward and Alphonse called in unison.

"You three go on ahead. I need to check something." You called over your shoulder.

"Are you sure?" Armstrong looked at you, concern in his eyes.

"I'll be fine. I leave them in your capable hands, Major."

"Very well then." Armstrong nodded, and the three of them ran of into the dusk.

You sighed, and went inside the building to the left of the alley. You ascended the stairs, and broke the lock on the door to the roof. You walked to the edge of the roof above the alley, and laid down on the half wall that encircled the roof. You took a second to repair your coat, drawing a small transmutation circle on the wall, and repairing the black coat.

You sat back and waited. It took a while, but he finally arrived. McDougal snuck into the alley, and cleared the debris from his transmutation circle. "Good, it's still there." McDougal sighed.

You leapt down from the roof, and landed in front of the Freezing Alchemist. "You're as predictable as they come. I just had to bide my time."

"Who are you?" McDougal's eyes narrowed.

"I'm a dog of the military." You grinned. "I'm the Mind's Eye Alchemist."

"You?! But you're just a brat!"

"What does that have to do with anything?" You replied with a bored shrug.

"The Mind's Eye Alchemist is said to have fought in the Ishval War! You must be lying!"

"One in the same. Although, I don't like to use my alchemy much since those days."

"If you really are who you say you are, then you should be helping me! You saw what Bradley made us do!"

"Don't get me wrong, I see where you are coming from, but I can't agree with your methods." You shook your head. "It's no secret that this government is rotting from the inside, but a government established through murder and rebellion is founded on brittle sandstone. It's doomed to fail."

McDougal was about to reply when Edward showed up. "Hold it right there!" Edward barked.

You smiled to yourself. "So, you aren't as dumb as you look. I was hoping you'd figure out he was in this alley for a reason." You called to Edward.