The Reaper

You'd broken out of your hospital room. Probably not your best idea, but you couldn't sit there any longer. The last thing you needed right now was to be alone with your thoughts. The rain seeped into your clothing, but you didn't even notice. You couldn't feel the drops of rain as they splashed against your skin, nor could you feel the numbing cold that accompanied each drop. You were numb in every sense of the word. You didn't even pay attention to the small chimera that clung to your shoulder. You walked until even that became a numb action, not even thinking about what you were doing. You had no destination in mind, all you wanted was to keep moving. Because of that, you didn't notice the man until he was already too close.

"You are the Mind's Eye Alchemist, correct?" Came the gruff question

You looked up at the man, not registering the alarm bells that sounded in your brain. You didn't respond, just looked at him. You only reacted, when he lunged at you. Your instincts kicked in before your brain could register what was going on. You rolled out of the way, the sudden danger washing away the numbness. "What the hell do you think you are doing?" You growled at the man. You glanced over to the little chimera, and felt relieved when you saw he was unharmed.

His only response, was another attack. You blocked his attack with your right arm, and tried to retaliate, but he was fast. He jumped back before your fist could make contact. You weren't worried, until the man lunged at you again. You once again dodged, but the ground where his hand touched exploded into rubble. He's using alchemy! You thought in dismay. You jumped back a few paces, trying to analyze the situation. Your eyes shot around. There were a lot of people running down the street, and even more looking at the commotion from the safety of their homes. Dammit! You silently cursed. There are too many people watching! I can't use my alchemy with so many people around. You thought, as you once again dodged one of his advances. You didn't move fast enough though, the force of his alchemy managed to shred through the left sleeve of your coat. The force blew you back a few feet, but you were unharmed.

"An automail left arm." The man finally spoke. You lunged at the man, hoping to catch him while he was distracted by your arm, but that's what he was waiting for. He caught your fist, and pressed his right hand against the automail. His right hand blazed blue, and you watched in shock as your arm exploded into fragments. You jumped away from the man. You glanced around, looking for a way out.

This man was tough to fight, and now you were down a limb. You weren't sure what to do, but all you could do at the moment was run. You needed some sort of distraction! The little chimera answered your prayers. It shot forward in a blur of red and brown. It jumped on the man's face, and clawed him savagely. The man's glasses went crooked, and you saw something that made your heart sink. You shook the thought away, and urged your body to move.

You sprinted to the left, making sure to avoid any walls or structures he could topple on you. You ran as fast as your legs could carry you. You didn't dare look behind you, for fear it would slow you down. You could only hope the little chimera was safe.

The hairs on the back of your neck stood on end. You leapt to the side, just as the road splintered where you would have stepped. You veered down another road. The whole time you ran, you were searching for anyone who could help you. You were about to give up hope, when you saw two familiar figures in the distance. "Edward, Alphonse!" You screamed at the top of your lungs. The boys were sitting at the base of a small clock tower. They seemed a little out of it when they turned to look at you, but they quickly snapped out of it when they saw the scraps of metal dangling form your left side.

"(Y/N)? What's going on?" Edward asked, as you finally caught up to them.

You were breathing heavy and your vision was starting to grow blurry, but you ignored it. "Someone's trying to kill me." You coughed.