Chimera

Just a quick note before we start this chapter. I am leaving the upcoming part the same as in the manga/anime, because it was so powerful on its own!

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Leave a comment with your thoughts/reactions, and please share this story with anyone you think would like it!

-----------------------------------------

Ed and Al walked side by side down the road. (Y/N) hadn't returned, so they left rather early to visit Mr. Tucker. "Maybe he let her stay there since it was so late." Alphonse whispered hopefully.

They rung the bell, but nobody answered the door. Al tried the door, and it easily opened. "Hello, Mr. Tucker! Thanks for having us again today." Al called into the dark entryway. There was no response. The two brothers walked into the house, and headed down the hallway. When they reached the door to Mr. Tucker's laboratory, they opened the door and peaked in. "Mr. Tucker!" Al called to the hunched man.

"There you are! So, you are home." Ed smiled.

"Yes." Mr. Tucker replied. He turned to look at them, revealing the chimera that sat on the floor in front of him. "I did it boys. I finally did it. A chimera that understands human speech." He smiled. Ed and Al walked into the laboratory, to get a better look at the beast. "Here, let me show you." Mr. Tucker insisted. "Listen to me. That person over there, that's Edward." Mr. Tucker said to the chimera.

"That person Ed-ward." The chimera replied.

"Yes, very good, well done!" Mr. Tucker smiled, and pet the chimera's head.

"That's amazing, it can actually talk!" Edward smiled, and squatted down.

"Now I don't have to worry about losing my certification." Mr. Tucker got to his feet, and chuckled happily.

The chimera turned to face Ed, and cocked it's head. "That person Ed-ward." It said. Ed looked at it in fascination. "That person Ed-ward." It repeated. "Big brother Ed." It whispered. Ed felt as though someone was crushing the air from his lungs. He looked into the chimeras eyes, and understood.

"Mr. Tucker, when did you first get your state certification?" Ed whispered, trying to control his emotions.

"Let's see... it was two years ago." Tucker replied.

"And when did your wife leave you?"

"That was two years ago too."

"I just have one more question for you." Ed said, his voice turning into a growl. "Where are Nina and Alexander?" Alphonse gasped, as Ed turned his angry glare on the other alchemist.

"Damn brat, figuring it out so quickly!" Tucker growled.

Edward shot forward, and pinned Tucker to the wall, his arm pressed into the man's throat. "Brother!" Alphonse called, worry in his voice.

"Oh yeah, I figured it out. You did it again! Two years ago it was your wife, and now you used your own daughter and her dog! You can only do so much with animals after all!" Ed hissed. "It's much easier when you start with a human, isn't that right!" He screamed.

"I don't see what you're so upset about. This is how we progress!" Tucker gasped, his breath limited by the elbow pressed against his esophagus. "Human experimentation is a necessary step. I would expect a scientist to understand."

"Shut up!" Ed barked angrily, his blood boiling. "Do you really think you can get away with this? Messing around with someone's life like that. Your own daughter!"

"Someone's life you say? You'd know all about that, wouldn't you?" Tucker chuckled. "Look at you, Fullmetal Alchemist; your leg, your arm, your brother! Those things are also the result of messing around with somebody's life, aren't they!" Tucker mocked.