Piece of the Past

Mustang watched the girl go. "Colonel, weren't you going to ask what happened?" Hawkeye interrupted his thoughts. "All that blood we found had to come from somewhere."

"I'll ask her as soon as she comes back. She seemed ill, we should give her some space." Mustang sighed. The two of them waited, for the young alchemist to return. After nearly ten minutes, Mustang became somewhat worried. "Lieutenant, go check on her." He instructed.

"Yes, sir." Hawkeye replied, before doing as he said.

Once again, Mustang waited, but he didn't have to wait long. Hawkeye threw open the door, her face panicked. Mustang jumped to his feet. "What's wrong?"

"It's (Y/N). She's collapsed."

Mustang ran out the door, and followed Riza to the bathroom. As soon as he entered the bathroom, he saw her. She was sprawled across the bathroom floor in a puddle of blood. Mustang knelt by her side, and checked her pulse. Her heart beat weakly against his fingertips.

"Did you call for a doctor?" Mustang asked urgently.

"I did." Hawkeye nodded.

Suddenly the girl regained consciousness. She grabbed Mustang's arm, her grip vice like. "Nero." She hissed out.

"What?" Riza looked at her, confused.

"Dr. Nero. No one else." She growled, as she tried to sit up.

"We don't have time to find a specific doctor. You've lost too much blood." Mustang replied.

"Please. I can't let them find me." The girl hissed weakly, before once again slipping into unconsciousness.

--------------------------------

When you finally woke up, you were laying in a hospital bed. You groaned, and tried to sit up. Pain flared in your back more severely than before, and a hand gently pushed your left shoulder back down. "Take it easy, you shouldn't be moving around yet." A familiar voice insisted.

"Mustang? I thought you would have headed back east by now." You sighed, as you settled back into the pillows. You glanced down, and felt relief wash over you. You were wearing a long sleeve hospital gown with a pair of white gloves, and your legs were covered by sheets.

"I wasn't about to leave one of my subordinates behind. Besides, I want some answers."

"I was hoping we could skip that part." You groaned. You glanced to your left, and realized there was another bed in your room. In the bed, Edward was resting peacefully. "How long was I out?"

"Three days. You should have told us sooner. You lost too much blood. Who exactly is this Dr. Nero you insisted we bring you to?" Mustang began his questioning.

"Where are Al and Hawkeye? I at least want to tell you four, and I don't want to say it twice."

"They should be back any second now. Dr. Nero sent them to find his son. He said it was important."

"I can't hide anything from that old man." You chuckled lightly.

"That's what happens when you've known someone for so long." A raspy old voice hummed.

You looked up just in time to see the old doctor walk past the half-pulled curtain. "You look the same as always." You grinned at the old-timer.

"Same could be said for you." He laughed. "I brought some people to see you." The old man pointed behind him. Alphonse, and Riza walked into view, followed by a middle-aged man with pitch black hair and brown eyes.

"It's good to see you again, Rick." You smiled at the brown-haired man.

"Everyone's here." Mustang nodded. "So, why don't you start the explanations."