The End of Cornello

"Now, hand over the damn philosopher's stone before you get hurt." You hissed venomously.

"Don't be absurd! Why should I hand it over to you, so you can use it for yourself? Please. If you fools are so eager to be god, maybe I should send you to meet him instead!" Cornello held up his cane. Red waves of energy sparked from the cane as it was slowly transformed into a gun. He turned the gun, and began to fire. Edward easily brought up a wall of stone, shielding everyone from the barrage.

"Nah, me and god don't get along to well. Even if I left he'd probably just send me right back." Edward chuckled.

You glanced back at Rose. "Alphonse, grab Rose." You instructed.

"Why?" He asked.

"We aren't getting anywhere in here, and it isn't safe here for her. We're getting out of here." You stated. Alphonse nodded, and scooped up Rose. He started to run towards the door, and came under heavy fire from Cornello. You pressed your hand against the ground. The electrical blue energy danced across the floor, and formed a new door a few feet from the real one. "This way!" You shouted as the three of you sprinted towards the newly formed door.

Edward threw open the doors, and busted through the gathered men. You helped him to clear a path for Alphonse and Rose. When you were clear of all the gathered men, Edward took the lead, and sprinted down the hall. He glanced into an open room, and screeched to a halt. You bumped into him, and growled in annoyance.

"What are you doing?" You barked.

"I have an idea." He smirked, pointing into the open room.

You looked at what he was pointing at, and smirked. "I like the way you think."

----------------------------------

You sat with Edward inside of Cornello's office. You gathered up the remains of your long coat, and used the fabric to repair your pants. With the last of the fabric, you transmuted a shorter coat that went just below your waist instead of past your knees. You pulled off the shredded remains of your uniform sleeve, and tried to use the torn fabric to wipe some of the blood from your automail.

"How were you transmuting back there?" Edward asked, breaking the silence.

You removed the glove on your left hand, and tossed it to him. "I stitched a transmutation circle into the glove with white thread." You explained, as he examined the back of the glove. There was a slight ridge, but other than that you couldn't tell the circle was there.

"Hey, (Y/N)?" Edward mumbled from his perch on top of Cornello's desk.

"Mmhm." You hummed the reply.

"Will you tell me what happened to you?" He whispered uncertainly.

You froze. "Why does it matter?"

"I want to understand what happened to you, that's all." He replied, locking his golden eyes with your (e/c) ones.

"All I can tell you is that I made a terrible mistake. One that will haunt me until the day I die." You muttered, and looked away from the young alchemist. "What about you? I know what you did, but I have no idea why." You continued, desperate to get the conversation away from your past. You pulled on the black coat, once again buttoning it closed.

"We wanted to see our mother again." Edward stated simply.

You looked at him, shocked by his words. "You were trying to bring back your mother?"

"Yeah. We didn't have any evil intentions, we were just scared and lonely little kids." Edward whispered softly.

You didn't get the chance to reply. Cornello barged into the office at that moment, his face full of rage. "There you infernal brats are!" He hissed.