Visit With a Prophet

"I'm starving, let's find somewhere to eat before we start investigating." Edward complained, as the three of you strolled into town.

"You haven't exactly told me what we're here for." You grumbled as you followed the boy who was following his nose.

"We heard a rumor that a preacher he was performing miracles." Alphonse informed you.

"So, the two of you think it's the philosopher's stone." You sighed, knowing exactly where this was headed.

"This place will do!" Edward chirped as he bounded towards a small restaurant (I guess that's what you'd call it) that sat on the corner of the street. He dropped onto one of the stools, and ordered some food. Alphonse sat to his left, but you simply stood and leaned against the wall. You watched every person who passed, not allowing even the smallest child to avoid your scrutiny. "Hey, don't you want anything to eat?" Edward called over to you.

"I'm not hungry." You stated simply.

"Whatever you say." Edward shrugged, and began to stuff his face.

You weren't particularly interested in watching him eat, but your job was to watch that little idiot's back. On the other hand, you had no obligation to listen to him, or the senseless drivel that was broadcast throughout the town. When he was finally finished eating, the two brothers stood to leave. Alphonse bumped his head on the ceiling of the restaurant, causing the small radio to fall. It exploded on impact with the ground. You sighed, and walked over to the smashed radio. The shopkeeper was clearly flustered. You glanced over at the brothers. "Well, go ahead and fix it. We don't need to cause any problems here, so hurry it up." You grumbled.

"Fix it? How do you plan on doing that?" The shopkeeper asked.

"Watch and see." Edward smirked. Showoff. You thought to yourself as Alphonse drew a transmutation circle around the pieces of broken radio. He activated the transmutation, and in a flash of light the radio appeared as good as new.

"Incredible! You've been touched by the Sun God, Leto!" The shopkeeper gasped. You snorted, and smirked at the startled face of Edward.

"What?" He looked annoyed.

"You've got it wrong. We're alchemists." Alphonse corrected the ignorant shopkeeper.

"Yeah, we're the Elric brothers. You may have heard of us, we're kinda famous." Edward smirked.

"The Elric brothers!"

"I've heard of them!"

"The older brother is a state alchemist!"

"The Fullmetal Alchemist, Edward Elric!"

The gathered townspeople whispered excitedly, amazed by the idol in front of them. They swarmed around Alphonse.

"So, you are the youngest state alchemist!"

"I see why you got the name of Fullmetal! That armor is super cool!"

Edward seemed seriously irked, but he tried to maintain his cool.

"I'm not the Fullmetal Alchemist!" Alphonse yelped, as he was swarmed by people.

The townspeople froze, and glanced in Edward's direction. "The short one?" One of them questioned aloud.

Edward lost it. He lunged to attack the person who'd just called him short, but you intercepted. As he went to pass you, you simply stuck out your leg. He stumbled over your foot, and face-planted in the dirt. He leapt back to his feet, and turned his anger on you. "What the hell was that for, Lieutenant?" He hissed. At least he remembered not to call me by my name or actual rank. You thought to yourself with a half-smile.