The Fullmetal Alchemist

You sat back in your chair, and yawned. You'd gotten yourself a hotel room, thinking it would be a good idea to get some rest before the mission. You didn't sleep, again. The nightmares consumed you the second you closed your eyes.

Mustang would arrive any minute now, so you made your way to Central Command. You took your time, not worried about being late. You made your way through the halls, and stopped in front of Mustang's temporary office. You rapped once on the door.

"Come in." Came Mustang's reply.

You opened the door, and stepped inside. "You sure took your time getting here." You said before you had the chance to look around the room. You froze, and looked at the two strangers in the room. It was the blond boy, and the boy in armor.

"Ah, Lieutenant (L/N), I'm glad you're here. These are the people I wanted you to meet. Say hello to the Fullmetal Alchemist, Edward Elric, and his brother Alphonse." Mustang gestured to the two boys.

You inspected them for a second, before you walked up to the boy in armor, and held out your hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is (Y/N) (L/N)."

The boy in armor seemed startled. "I-I'm not the Fullmetal Alchemist. You're looking for my brother, Edward." The boy pointed over your shoulder. You could feel the blond boy's eyes drill into the back of your head.

"I am well aware of that. However, I'm uninterested in titles. I feel everyone is equal. Your brother is always given recognition for his accomplishments for being a state alchemist, but you keep up with him without the unnecessary title." You replied bluntly.

Alphonse finally tool your hand, and nervously shook it. Only then did you turn to Edward. He looked thoroughly annoyed with you. You smiled. "So, you're the Fullmetal Alchemist. You don't look all that impressive."

Edward looked as though he was about to snap. "You aren't all that impressive yourself. You're just a little girl." He jabbed.

"Oh, I think you're the one who needs to take a look in a mirror. I'm at least an inch taller than you, half-pint." You jeered.

Edward officially snapped. He swung at you, and you easily caught his fist in your right hand. You gripped his hand, and spun around him, pinning the limb to his back. He growled in frustration, and tried to maneuver out of your grip, but you held him firm. You leaned over his shoulder, a smile dancing across your face. "It's way too soon for you to try picking a fight with me. You may be a state alchemist, but that title means nothing to me. All that matters are your decisions, and, based on the state of you and your brother, you have a lot to make up for." You hissed in his ear before pushing him away from you.

He stumbled, but caught himself. He spun around to look at you, eyes a mixture of anger and confusion. He tried to play it cool. "W-what are you talking about?"

You smirked at him. "Come now, don't play dumb. Your brother is nothing but a soul in a suit of armor, and you lost your right arm and left leg." You mocked.

"How do you know that? Did the Colonel tell you?"

"Nope, I figured it out. I ran into your brother in the street. He's hollow. I'd guess you transmuted his soul into that suit of armor. Then, we have you. I had my suspicions when we first met by the way you walked, but you just confirmed my assumption when you tried to punch me." 

"Who do you think you are, treating me like some little kid?!" Ed barked. You just smiled, and dropped onto the couch he was previously on.

"Fullmetal, you should show a little more respect." Mustang remarked.

"Why? She's acting like she's better than me!" Ed growled.

"(Y/N) is the alchemist you took the title of youngest from." Mustang replied. Ed's look of shock intensified. "The year before you became a state alchemist she took the title of youngest state alchemist. You only beat her by a few months."