The Scar-Faced Ishvalin

Scar reached towards your face. You weren't scared of dying, if anything you welcomed it. You'd caused a lot of pain and suffering, and you knew you deserved nothing better than death. Knowing that your ineptness would not cost the boys their lives gave you peace.

"NO!" Edward and Alphonse bellowed in unison.

You simply closed your eyes, and waited for the hand of destruction to reach you. The sound of a gunshot echoed down the street. You opened your eyes, and looked towards the sound. Soldiers stretched across the road, and in the middle of their formation stood Mustang and his men.

"That's enough." The raven haired Colonel growled. "You won't be killing anyone else today, Scar."

You couldn't help but smirk. What is that idiot doing here? You chuckled slightly. He isn't much use in the rain. You thought, turning your gaze up towards the dark sky. Your vision was foggy, and everything sounded distorted and distant. You glanced down at yourself, and sighed. There were several growing red stains on your stomach and chest. You couldn't see or feel the wounds, but you knew they were there. You knew there were tiny fragments of automail embedded into your flesh. A last resort attack, like blowing up your arm, always had a backlash.

You returned your attention to the battle. That is to say you watched the mule-headed Mustang charge the Ishvalin. "You idiot." You coughed weakly. You watched as the ever dependable Lieutenant Hawkeye kicked Mustang's feet out from under him. Scar's hand barely missed the Colonel's face. Hawkeye followed up her action with rapid shots from the two pistols she had in her hands. Scar leapt back, dodging each and every one of her shots.

"What the hell Hawkeye!?" The oblivious Colonel barked in annoyance.

"Did you forget that you can't use your alchemy in the rain." You shouted at the foolish man.

"It seems god is smiling upon my mission. It will be easier to eliminate you without your blasphemous flames." Scar  growled in his gruff voice.

"I'd like to see you try it!" An all too familiar figure leapt up behind scar, his fist primed to attack.

Scar barely managed to jump out of the way, as Major Armstrong's spiked gauntlet decimated the wall where Scar's head had been a moment before. You watched in dazed silence, as Armstrong and Scar danced around each other, neither able to land a blow. Havoc and a few others ran to Edward and you. Havoc helped you into a sitting position, while one of the others helped Edward, and the rest stood protectively in front of you. You heard Havoc say something to you, but your mind couldn't grasp the words long enough to draw meaning from them.

Armstrong backed Scar into a corner, and Hawkeye took a shot at him. The bullet only grazed him, but it managed to knock off his glasses. You were sure everyone would be shocked by the red eyes that now blazed clearly for all to see, but you'd already figured that out. Realizing that he couldn't fight so many opponents at once, Scar slammed his hand into the ground. He blew a hole in the road, and vanished into the sewers.

With Scar gone, Hawkeye and the rest of Mustang's men went to check on you. Hawkeye crouched down beside you, worry in her usually calm eyes. "Are you alright?" She asked, as Edward hobbled over to Alphonse.

"Yeah, I'm fine. From my observation, five pieces of my automail hit me. Fortunately, the explosive velocity was mainly directed forward, so I doubt they're in very deep." You stated casually.

"Why didn't you run?" Edward called to you.

"You idiot, I wasn't about to let him kill you two. Besides, I was the one he was after from the start." You grumbled back.