**four**

I woke up before Vincent, my finger circling the skin of his belly. I look at my boy and smile, I was happy that he didn't look like my mate at all.

Vincent moved a little as he slept, I didn't want to think about Hector. But he was always going to find me. He always does, just like he promised to me when he first found me. When he first bought me, I should say.

He's nothing like Raymond. I grin as I think about that man. I was still unsure about him, I found it weird how he was trusting me, how he is. How I was reacting to him. How he would want a mother in his home. Does he like me? I laugh, rolling my eyes at myself. you wish. And I'm talking to myself again.

I always wondered where my wolf went, I was supposed to be able to hear her. I can shift into a wolf but she's never there, even if I get angry she's not the one who makes me shift. She's never taken control of me, never spoken up in my head.

I bring my hand up to my ear, toying with my earrings. Special earrings that Hectors Seer gave me. He said it'll bring me luck, it was a mating gift to me and Hector a year or so after he bought me.

"Rina?" I looked up, smiling at Abel. "Hi." I say sitting up in the bed. "Is the little guy still asleep?" I nodded my head. "Yeah." I say smiling gazing down at my little love bug. "Well I'll watch him for a second. The Alpha wants to see you in his study." I looked down at Vincent. "I-it's okay, I'll just bring him-" Abel chuckles, rubbing my shoulder.

"Just go, Irina. It's fine, I'm not gonna hurt the little guy." I rubbed my hands together. "I don't know..." Abel rolls his eyes. "I already washed my hands...and Raymond gets mad when you make him wait." I slowly get up, "Hurt him and I'll cut your eyes out." I mumble as I walk out, Abel chuckled. "Didn't think you'd be the type to say that, Irina!" I close the door and quickly walk to the study that Alfonso had showed me. He had give me a little tour yesterday.

I knock on the door, "Come in." I open the door, stepping inside. Ray's voice brought shivers up my back.

"You w-wanted to see me?" I ask, he looks up at me. "I have a deal. Sit." He tells me gesturing at a chair in front of his desk. I walk to the chair and take a seat on the leather.

"You stay here with me. No other men, no other anything. I'll make sure you and your son have the protection you need. I'll...let you have your own room. For now." I blinked. "A-and that's all?" Raymond stares at me. "No catch?" I ask tilting my head. "I said no men. If you want something fulfilled," My breath hitched as he walked to me. Trapping me in the chair as his hands grip the chair arm handles.

"You come to me." My face heated up, my heart beating so fast it hurt. His grey eyes bored into mine. "Are we clear?" I nod, "Yes." He smirks. "Good."

My legs move awkwardly as I walk back to the room. Finding Abel in the room with Vincent who was wailing. "I-I tried to change him but he won't stop screaming." I giggle, walking over to the poor man. "It's okay, thank you Abel. I got it." I picked up Vince who seemed to stop crying after he noticed who was now back.

"Hey my love. You causing trouble?" I tsked. Abel smiled at me as he watched me baby talk to Vincent as I cleaned him and changed his diaper.

"If you don't mind me asking...why'd you run that day? Did the rouges you were with change on you?" My shoulders straightened and I shrugged. "Something like that." I stood up straighter.

"Hey, Rina. We're friends, you don't have to tell me everything." Abel playfully poked me on my side. I give him a small smile. "Sorry...I wasn't always like this. I got so much more protective once I got pregnant with Vincent. And it went over board right when he was in my arms." I poke the little boys nose. He coos, staring at my face as I pull him to my chest.

His eyes darted around my face, landing on my chin.

"I understand, it's normal." He grins at me. "You're a beautiful mother." I blush, smiling. "Thank you, Abel." He grins, giving me a wink. "I'll start working on that new room of yours." He gave my side a playful tap before he walked out of the room.

I sighed, sitting myself down on Raymond's bed. "Do you like Raymond?" I ask Vincent as his eyes still look at my nose in awe. "He's a really nice Alpha, who knew an Alpha can be so kind hearted. Intimidating, but I think that's just a facade." Vincent's eyes widened and his mouth opens as he yawns, his eyes squeezing shut. I smile, "Is mommy boring you?" I giggled. I yawned too, "Were a bunch of sleepy...sleepy...people-" I fall asleep.

"Rina. Irina, princess. Baby, wake up." I groaned, rubbing my face in the warm skin. "Vincent's trying to eat..threw your shirt again." I blinked my eyes open. My eyes widened as I saw a shirtless Ray. My head was pressed against him, our legs tangled together. Vincent in the middle of us.

And the little guy was indeed jawing on the shirt. I quickly pull away from him, bringing Vincent with me. "I'm sorry. And I'm not a princess." I gush, Raymond smiles, his head on his hand as he watched me grab a blanket and put it over my shoulders as I properly start feeding Vincent. He disregards my comment, I let out a sigh as I feel Vince latch on.

"How long was I asleep?" I ask, shyly. "Just thirty minutes or an hour at most." He informed.

I nodded, I didn't understand. I knew this wasn't normal. Didn't this guy understand he has a mate out there. Oh my god, what if he has one. "Do you..have a mate already? Did you find her?" I keep my eyes on Vincent as I say the words.

There was a pause, until I finally got the answer. "No. Not yet." There was a sharp pain wash through my entire body. "Oh." I say. "I'm going to the living room." I rush out and quickly walk out before he can slam the door and lock me in there with him.

"Your moms not a home wrecker-or to better put it, a mate wrecker...I wouldn't do that to a girl." I tell Vincent as I continue to feed him. He's completely oblivious to what I'm saying as his eyes flutter closed as he sucks happily.

***
hello! We see that some of you guys are confused whether or not Irina and Ray are mates or not...that's the whole point of the book. Are they mates or not is what you'll find out while reading this book.