*seventeen*

Irina

I had to run away. Which I am doing right now. I am running away. How can I let my brother see me like this.

A broken girl. A girl who's been hiding from her hatful mate. Hiding from the man she loves. Who she'll now be hiding from her best friend.

"Please, please just-just be with Selma. I'll be here. Don't worry a-about me. Please, please. It's fine."

The way they looked at me. With pitiful glances, they left me with one more guilty looks before they left to Selmas cottage. I hated it and it made me feel sick. I will not have that. I already know, I can see it. What my brother will do if he sees Vincent. Dedrick, he'd be mad, he'd be disgusted, and he'd feel guilty. I put up my hair and take a deep breath.

I was changed out of those clothes and now I had everything packed. Anything that could fit in a backpack...which was everything for Vincent. I put him in his warm clothes and slip him inside his stroller. "Time to go baby. Maybe we'll go somewhere and don't bump into anyone important." I sniffle, I loved my brother. And I wanted to see him. But not as this broken girl.

"I'm sorry Etan." I whispered as I grabbed his car keys and sprinted out the door with Vincent's stroller. I quickly ditched it and put him in his car seat, I jumped to the front seat and backed out and drifted down the road.

Soon I ditched the car and began my walk, the sun slowly rising. Vincent was still sleeping thankfully. I made sure his little belly was full and he was clean. He wore a cute little beanie and wool booty socks. I was nearing Raymond's territory again and I resented the feeling I had in my stomach and chest.

My plan was to somehow pass this territory and head up north, catch a plane and maybe go to another country. I look around, my guard up and my senses up high. I move past the tress, I move near a familiar house but I freeze. My face going white and bile in my throat. I press myself against the tree and start rubbing against it to mask my scent.

I start shaking, my throat tightening. It's him, the man. The man who sold me to his son, who turned out to be my mate. Heath. I look down to see Vincent starting to stir, my eyes widened. I start shaking my head, kneeling down and pressing my hand to his cheek to try to stop him from making a noise.

I pray that Vincent will go back to sleep. Hot tears are flowing down my face as I glance back up at Heath. He's knocking on Nadine's door. I look away, knowing he'd feel my state if I keep looking.

"H-what are you doing here?!" Nadine shrills. I can feel her fear and rage from here.

"I'm here to see my mate. Who I think has information for me. Am I correct? This is the last surrounding pack, she must be here." I almost faint.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Heath. And you are no longer my mate. Don't claim me as such." Nadine says, sticking up and standing her ground. "Leave my territory or I'll have you killed."

I hear his nail scratching chuckle. "Nadine, tell me what you know or you'll regret this." He says lowly, I start to shake. My vision blurred, Raymond. Raymond please hear me. Help your mother. Raymond! I try helpless to link with Raymond.

"I know nothing! You don't scare me, Heath. You are pathetic, and so insecure. It's clear to me now." Heath was quite. "You've ruined everything. But I built myself up, and built this pack up again. And helped my family with doing the same."

"It was either him or me. Be prepared, Nadine. Tell my son the same." Everything was connecting. Raymond is Hectors brother. As soon as I snap out of it I spill my guts out onto the floor. My vision is compromised as black dots form in my eyes. My eyes roll to the back of my head, I fall backwards. My head crashing into the tree behind me.

"Vincent," I sob. "I'm s-so sorry. I'm so s-sorry baby boy." I panic, crying hysterically. I cover my body over the car seat that held Vincent. Strapped in carefully.

"Irina." Nadine hissed, shock written all over her face. "Oh my-come, come. We've got to get you inside." I shake my head. I didn't want her to help me. I will no longer except help from anyone. I knew what to do when it comes to Hector.

I'd have to surrender myself.

"Let me help you, Irina." Nadine persisted as she saw me struggling to push myself up. I leaned against the tree. I grabbed Vincent's car seat.

I held Vincent to me protectively. "At least take a seat, Irina. You've been standing for over thirty minutes." I shake my head. My eyes sweep over the house.

Nadine sighed, "I-I didn't think...it would be them." She mumbled looking down at her hands that she kept folded together on her lap. Her shoulders shook. "I'm so sorry. My mate...and my son have hurt you s-so much." She cried. Her painful eyes looked into mine, I stared back at her. I couldn't feel anything anymore.

Not right now. Probably not ever.

"All I need you to do, Nadine. For me and for Vincent is to make sure Raymond doesn't know I'm here. I've been given this pendant," I say flashing the necklace. "It masks my scent. Mixes it, so it throws whoever is looking for me off." She nods her head.

"What is your plan? I already know Hector will have eyes on this pack everywhere. So will Heath." I smile as I feel Vincent hand press against my neck, reaching for my cheek. I look down at him as he start suckling hard on his pacifier. Giving me a signal he was hungry.

"What it's always been. Keeping my son safe."

Our goddess Lana blessing you up above

Our goddess Lana blessing you up above. any-who, how are you guys liking this chapter?