-eighteen-

RAYMOND

"How the fuck did he get in my territory?! Why was there two guards by each border?!" I yelled at my warriors.

They all held in their flinches. Their eyes averted downwards. I clenched my jaw, my chest heaving. "Two of your fellow warriors have been murdered. And your Luna was put in danger. I want an explanation or everyone here will regret being put on this earth!" I bellowed.

"There was a diversion, Alpha. There a large number of women and children, a few women came to us, they were crying hysterically and said rouges had came into their pack and killed their Alpha and all the men. We went with them thinking their was a large threat but when we went there was no one. The two women disappeared. By the time we got back it was already done." One of them confesses.

I take in a deep breath, my eyes not shifting away from my men. I was still highly pissed off. "We'll change our rounds and routines. Instead of two men there will be four during shifts." I explained. "You're dismissed." They all turned and left in order, not muttering one word because they all knew it would end in them being burned alive.

I walk away from the field and start making my way back to my office. As soon as I take a seat down on my office chair my eyes connect with the picture I had snuck in when Irina and Vince were still here. It was when I had drawn the bath for her, her eyes were closed, Vincent against her chest. Her hair up in a sloppy bun, strands of hair down her face. Bubbles hiding her body.

I inhaled deeply, closing my fist tightly. I looked away, grabbing the office phone and dialed my mother.

She answered right before the line was about to cut off. I let out a thankful breath.

"Hello son, how are you this evening."
"Good, thank you mom. Are you okay? Are the guards still by?" I asked tapping my finger against my desk.

"Yes my boy, stop worrying so much." She eases.
"Do you need me to visit? I just have a few things to finish up...Jack's not there either huh?" I questioned, grabbing the new routines in my hand.

"Uhhh, you don't have to do that sweetheart. I feel safe, get some rest." I kept quiet for a moment. Considering her words until I finally nodded my head.

"Alright. I'll for sure see you tomorrow then, mom. If you need anything-" She gently stepped over my words.

"Yes, yes. I know. Contact you. Now please do as your mother says and get rest. It has three days since you seen me." She said sarcastically. "It's not like you don't call twenty-four-seven." She joked. I chuckled rolling my eyes.

"Alright, alright." We hung up.

I sighed and leaned into the chair, I rubbed the growing beard on my chin. I take my phone out, performing a ritual I've been doing for the past three months. Rewatching every little video I have of Irina. Scrolling and starring at pictures of Irina and Vincent for hours.

I couldn't find her. The worst thoughts I could pull from my mind have been replaced with even more gruesome ones. It made me feel so helpless. I was restless and hopeless without her. I felt lost without waking up to Vincent crying in the early morning.

Now here is my father. Coming back from the depths of hell, and I can only imagine how close my brother is.

I get back to work, trying my best to finish up at a decent time. But by the time I actually finish it's around one in the morning. I sluggishly walk into my empty house. Cold and cluttered. The color seemed to drain out from the once lively home when Irina had left. I don't bother taking off my clothes as I just flip onto my bed. My body barely relaxing, sleep never takes over anymore so I just lay there pathetically.