*fifteen*

Irina

I rubbed my temple. Stop, stop, stop acting like a stupid teenage girl. Emotions, other than love and caring, and kindness towards your son is acceptable. And common decency to others is allowed.

"You good?" Quinn asks as she flips the food in a pan. I nod, keeping quiet. "Hey, chill. It's probably for...oh shit." Quinn says her eyes widened. Mine do too, I quickly look to where she's fixated on. I looked around, not seeing anything unusual. Quinn snickered, "Got you." I glared at her shaking my head.

"Hehe, anyways take this to them. Last thing if the night hopefully, fuck." Quinn says with an annoyed flick of her wrist. I laugh shaking my head, I grab the tray and walk out of the kitchen.

I walk back to the table, seeing Raymond laugh at what the charming lady was saying. I grip the tray, my feet feel heavy as I walk close. Why, why, why, why. I think to myself. I place the tray on the table, "Desert." I say having a painfully tight smile on my lips.

I felt my chest tighten as I see their hands connected. "Thank you, hon. Maybe I'll just leave you a big tip-" I turned on my heel and left. Left out of that restaurant and I was heading to the house to leave this pack. I ran, I shifted.

My wolf still wasn't there but I didn't care. I shifted back once I got close to the home. I went to the back house and unlocked the door. Grabbing comfortable clothes and putting them on, I grabbed Vincent's bag but paused. I can't leave him, I can't leave my baby boy. We'll leave, leave to another country.

I grab his bag and put it over my shoulder. I grab the jar of money I've been saving and I walk out of the house.

With quick long strides I enter the house. "Is that you, Irina?" I stay silent, finding Nadine from the sound of her voice. Her eyes widened as she sees me, "...Irina. What's going on? Why are you...why do you look like you're leaving." I keep a straight face.

"Because I am, Nadine. I thank you, I can't put it in words how much I appreciate you. I'll make sure Vincent knows about you." I say kindly, she shakes her head. About to try and change my mind about things but I shut her out. I walk over to my son, passing her by. "And I'll make sure to repay all of you back." I say shortly, picking up Vincent who was asleep in his rocking chair.

"Wait, Irina you can't. Please, think about the danger you're putting yourself in. Unnecessary danger." Nadine presses, I sigh. Turning around to face the sweet but stubborn woman.

"Nadine, please. He's found his mate...I already made a deal with myself. Once he finds his mate, I'll leave. I don't want any of us to deal with unnecessary drama." I tell her as gently as I could without breaking down myself. She faces me with a painful look. "Please." I beg her, my eyes brimming with tears.

"I-I guess I can't change your mind." She says, crossing her arms over her chest. Her eyes fall down to the ground solemnly. I nodded my head, I let out a quivering breath.

"Thank you." I tell her moving towards the door. But it swings open, nearly hitting me in the face. I gasp, quickly moving away. A little part of me hoped it was Ray on the other side of the door but...it wasn't.

"Abel?" I ask looking at him with wonder. He looked me over, grabbing my arm. "Hey! What are you doing?" I ask completely unarguably confused with his behavior.

But I guess Nadine could say the same. I look back to her and she gives me an equally confused look.

"Quinn told me to look for you, here you are. Getting ready to leave." Abel says, shaking his head down at me. I open and close my mouth, trying to find out what I was going to say. He tugs me once more and I shake him off as we get outside.

"Abel! What do you think you're doing?" I ask through my teeth. Glaring at him as I supported Vincent in my arms. I was tired of people making decisions for me. I'm completely sick of it. I made up my mind, Raymond obviously found his mate. By the way he was smiling, laughing, and staring at the woman today it was a no brainer.

"I'm getting you out of here. Unless you want to stay?" He told me, a bored look on his face.

I stared at him, slightly bouncing Vincent in my arms. Both to keep my baby asleep and it was a nervous outlet. I would I do, trust him? How do I know that he's not a spy. For both Raymond or Hector. I look down at Vincent.

"Where...where is the place?" I ask him timidly.

I look around the small shack like home in awe. It was so small and so cozy. I smiled, holding Vincent close. He let out loud little squeaks, starring around the small place. It was modern though, and obviously handmade.

"Did you make this?" I ask Abel as he keeps looking down at me fondly. He shook his head, and then cleared his throat.

"I mean, yes, yes I did." I smiled at his answer. "Wow." I said turning once again on my feet. "How'd you do it?" I ask quickly turning back to him. His eyes slightly widened but he covered it up quickly.

I giggled, "What don't want to tell me?" Abel let out a snort, rolling his eyes at my joke.

"No, I made it awhile back. When I was a kid. For fun. Uhh, my dad taught me and ya know it comes naturally to men." He said sending me a cheeky grin. I playfully rolled my eyes, "Mhmm." I looked out the large paneled window. Looking out towards the woods.

I was out of Raymond's territory. I was taking a large risk.

"I told the Alpha who owns this territory you'll be staying here. So...you should be getting paid a visit sometime soon." Abel mentioned as he moved closer. He shook my hair, "Be careful. Here, take this. You know how to work it right?" His eyes clouded over before I could answer.

"Shit, I have to go. Be safe! Both of you!" He called out as he ran out into the forest.