*sixteen*

I was shocked at first to see who the Alpha was but know that I've gotten to know this Alpha I have a different look at the higher rank of the packs.

"Oh come on, Irina! Upper cut, jab into the stomach, and then grab the face and bring up your knee!" Selma whined childishly while holding Vincent in her hands while they sat under the shade of a tree. I glared at her, I've been working out for three hours none stop...and this is supposed to be a easy day.

"What? Do you want this or shift training? Your pick, chick." I pouted at her comeback. Alpha Selma was always quick with them. The woman grinned, walking over to me. "Come on, show me and we'll be done." She suggested. I felt little bubbles of nervousness settle in, a tiny bit of fear too. We've been working on this for months now.

But I still get scared. I toss of my shorts and shirt. I felt myself shift, soon I'm seeing my son let out a loud laugh. Slapping his hands together wildly. Selma gives me a proud smile and nods her head.

We walk back to my new found home. "Very good today, Irina. I'm very proud! So is Vince." Selma gushed grabbing Vincent's little hand and giving it a little shake. We all laugh as I push open the door, walking inside and closing it behind Selma. I pause, a weird feeling shifting in my body. I keep my hand on the door handle, slowly releasing it. I place all the locks on the door, securing it.

"Everything okay?" Selma asks, I turn towards her. Wrapping my arms around myself, I nod my head.

"Yeah, I think my body just feels weak." Selma runs her eyes over me. She hums nodding her head.

"Your energy seems off as well. I'll have something sent, okay?" I nodded my head. There are different types of werewolves all over the globe. Selmas lineage is the most oldest werewolves, along with Raymond's, and another pack. There was three tribes as they called it back then. Selma's tribe was Latin and Native American, they were so connected to the earth beneath them the moon goddess showered them with love.

"Let's eat!" Selma said brightening up the room again.

She knows what I've been through. She saw it through my eyes, she's had me be cleansed, candles lit to protect me from the dark matters of my life. Stones placed around the home for further protection.

But I know by looking in her own eyes, there's just one piece of me that won't be dark. That won't be tainted.

"Goodnight my two sweets. Link me if you need anything, Rina." I nodded my head, pulling Selma in a hug.

"I will. Be careful." She scoffs at that, a large smirk on her face.

"No, the ones who seek to harm me should be careful. Never the other way around." We laugh, I wave goodbye and watch as she shifts, sprinting away. I close the door and lock the locks. Turning around I let out a scream, a silhouette haunting me. I squeeze my eyes shut and open them, no one there.

I was paranoid. Paranoid because I knew my time was wearing thin. I lay with Vincent, staring at him as he slept. I brush my finger against his cheek. I kiss his forehead and turn off the light, keeping on the candles.

"No, no-" Selma cuts me off.
"You've said no to all of them! Come on, Irina. It's just a festival." She urged, grabbing my hand and tugging me. "I'm the Alpha here." She says raising her eyebrow.

"Really, Sel?" I chuckled shaking my head. "Your festivals require little to no clothing." I say tilting my head at her as I change Vincent's diaper. "And what am I going to do with this little guy?" I ask smiling.