Date Pt. 1

"Let me be blunt," she said sternly while placing her hands on her hips. "This is not what I want."

Fixing her white printed top and mid-thigh denim shorts, she paced around the room, groaning and sighing at the same time. She glanced at the clock and in a few minutes, her course of a boring life will change.

But it's a good thing, right?

"Maybe I should bail," she said once more, pacing around the room in quick and little steps.

"Maybe I should just say no," she continued.

"No, it's better if I pretend I'm sick. Or say I have some business to attend to. Or say I am going somewhere. Yeah, that sounds believable enough, right?"

She looked at her big purple teddy bear, sitting silently on her chair near the opened window, looking at her with the same smile she saw whenever she woke up.

"God, I think I'm going to die! Spare me now!" She turned around and slapped her forehead in dismay.

"Would you please just calm down?" she heard a masculine voice say behind her. Shocked, she pivoted her body 180° and saw no one but her own teddy bear.

"You talking to me?" she asked.

Silence.

Silence.

Silence.

Sighing in relief, she sat on her bed and closed her eyes.

"Finally, you calmed down," she heard the voice the second time.

Her head snapped at the direction of her teddy bear. "Can you please stop making me sound like I'm crazy!"

"Can you please just relax and stop being paranoid?" the voice answered.

In a second, she jumped from her bed, clinging unto her pillow defensively and stared at her teddy bear.

"Don't make me want to grab you there and rip you into shreds."

"I don't think you can do that, love."

Love? She blinked a few times. There's only one person in the world who calls her love and she was about to meet him later.

"Did you become a stuff toy spirit?"

His laughter echoed the room. "This is hilarious."

"What's so funny, Dylan? You're creeping me out with the spirit talking."

He laughed even more. "Love, I think you are mistaken. How about you move closer to the right?"

She tightened her grip on the pillow she was holding. "What makes you think I'm going to do that? You might pounce at me and then kill me with the hidden knife you are hiding."

"Well for one, you are literally adorable so I can't kill you, you'll haunt me with your adorableness. Two, if you think I'm a stuff toy that moves, don't you think I would have walked to you instead? You're a smart girl, Erin."

She gulped. He did have a point, except the part with her being adorable. Even if she got killed, she will haunt him to the ends of the earth.

Hesitating by the minute, she walked to the teddy bear, making sure she was near the window that will serve as her escape route.

Suddenly, she was tackled from the side and fell to the ground. She screamed and struggled to get free.

"Ow, you're a feisty one," he said. "Okay, Erin. Ow! Okay! Hey it's me! Ow! Stop smashing your pillow in my---oof."