Marks

I wore a short sleeved shirt today.

It shows off my arms, but I decided I was ok with Jack and the others seeing them.

When I walked out of Jacks room with my scars and marks on display, I almost decided to change back into a long sleeve. But I decided against it.

I trust them with my life and with myself, so why not trust them with my scars.

I was nervous as I stepped into the kitchen to find all five of the boys sitting around the table goofing off and eating breakfast. The empty chair meant for me was sat between Jack and Mark and had a plate of breakfast in front of it. I took the spot without a word, and Jack immediately leaned over and kissed my forehead. I smiled at him then began to timidly eat my breakfast.

"I love your shirt y/n." Felix said.

I look up at him then down at my shirt.

"Oh thanks! Yeah I thought it was cute."

"Your arms are beautiful too." Jack said.

Skin pale and eyes wide, I turned to see Jack smiling widely at me. He grabbed my arm and held it up, looking at the scars.

"I love these scars. I hate how you got them. But I love that now they are just scars, not cuts and bruises and burns. Now that they are scars, they show me how much you are healing."

Tears in my eyes, I leaps forward into his lap, hugging him as tightly as I could. He laughed, and the other four men around the table joined him. He buried his head in my long hair and whispered in my ear.

"You're beautiful and I love you. Never forget that, ok, Angel?"

I blush and bury my head deeper into his chest before nodding. He chuckles then sighs, sitting back in the chair with me in his arms. I turn so my back rests against his chest and I pull my breakfast back over, going back to eating. Jack reaches around me to his food, re entering the light banter the other boys have started.

-time skip

Hearing Jacks rustling and shuffling In the bathroom, I crawl underneath the covers of his bed, curling up as small as I can. Facing the wall, I hug my Sam to my chest. After staring at the wall for a little while, I hear light chuckling from behind me and Jack getting under the covers as well. I pretended to sleep, just to see what he'd do.

What he did is amazing.

I felt him wrap his arms around my waist pulling me towards him. His lips pressed against my neck. I felt him cuddle me towards him as tightly as he could.

"I know it's too early for you to love someone again, but I love you. I want to protect you and I want you to be mine forever. I don't have the courage to say this while you're awake, but I love you more than anyone."

Hesitating, I turn over and press my lips to his, feeling him hesitate but kiss back.

Pulling away, I whisper.

"I love you too."

He grins and kisses me again. I melt into him, wrapping my hand around his neck. His hand runs through my hair, tugging slightly.

After a long moment, we pull away, our legs still entangled and our arms around each other. We push our foreheads together, staring into each other's eyes.

"You are so beautiful, and I love you more than anything. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course, you dumbo. I love you too."