Nightmare to Dream

Nightmare:

Me and Jack decided to have our first date at home, watching movies.

"I'm gonna go grab something. I'll be right back Angel."

I nod, then return my gaze to the movie as Jack steps into the kitchen.

After a short moment, someone enters the room from the kitchen.

"Hey, baby."

Tensing, I swivel my gaze to the man in the doorway of the kitchen. I see behind him on the floor a perking floof of hair and a growing pool of blood.

The man in the doorway?

Evan.

"Did you miss me baby?" He says as he approaches me. I try to scramble away, but find my body unable to move. Eyes wide and heart pounding, I watch in horror as Evan begins to ravage my body, kissing my neck and ripping my clothes from my body. I seem to enter a dazed state as he begin raping me roughly.

I then see Jack, half dead but conscious on the floor of the kitchen, trying to crawl towards us.

"No! Y/n!"

Evan, while still slamming into me, pulls a gun out of his boot, turning around to shoot Jack straight through the head. I manage a scream as Jack's head drops to the floor, a gaping hole shining back at me.

Reality:

I shoot up in bed, breathing heavily, clutching my heart. Stomach churning, I scramble to the bathroom and throw up the meager contents of my stomach. After throwing up for a minute, I weakly call out for Jack.

"Jack... Jack..." voice hoarse and scratchy, I keep calling out as loud as I can until a green haired man stumbles through the door of the bathroom.

"Oh, Angel. It's ok.... shhhhhhhh... shhhh." He whispers as he kneels beside me, again tying my hair away from my face. I dry heave again, trying to focus on Jack's soft Irish voice instead of the twisting pain in my stomach.

Then I realize.

I was supposed to start my cycle again yesterday.

Freezing in place, I swivel my head to face Jack.

"Jack, could you... get me a... pregnancy test? I think Evan might have gotten me pregnant..."

Bright blue eyes widening, he leaves me on the bathroom floor, running through the house.

"MARK! MARK! CAN YOU RUN TO THE STORE REALLY QUICK?" I hear him yell.

An indistinct conversation ensues, and I soon hear three sets of feet exit the house, the door slamming shut behind them. Seconds later, Jack has returned to my side and is lifting me back to the bed. Groaning, wisps of hair falling into my eyes and body shaking with cold, I quickly snuggle deeper into his chest to try and get warm. He carries me down the stairs, extra clothes and a towel slung over his shoulder. I inhale sharply as my bare scarred thighs hit the cold counter top. All I can do is watch as Jack shuffle around, pulling out this and that.

I smile at him weakly when he comes over to wipe my face, rubbing the traces of expelled food from my mouth. He pulls off my shirt, sliding a new, maroon one over my head. I stand for him, shoving my legs into a pair of his clean boxers. Wrapping a markiplier blanket tightly around myself, I shuffle slowly over to the living room. Jack sat beside me and I stretch out, resting my upper back and head on his lap. He pulls the hair tie from my hair smoothly, then makes me sit up slightly. He starts to run his fingers through my hair before beginning to French braid my hair.

"I didn't know you could French braid."

"My older sisters used to make me help them with their hair. I picked up a thing or two."

I laugh softly, relishing the feeling of his fingertips grazing my scalp and pulling soft locks of hair back away from my face. I close my eyes and lean back into him as he finishes the beautiful braid. Long, pale arms wrap around my thin waist, pulling my closet to him.

"Love you, y/n."

A soft sigh escapes me, and I smile, snuggling back into his chest.

"I love you too, Jack."

Right then, the front door opens.

"We're back!" Tyler yells as they enter the room. Mark immediately shuffled over and hands me a bag with stomach ache meds and a pregnancy test in it. I embarresedly smile at him then stand, slowly making my way up the stairs to Jack's room. Jack tried to follow, but I don't want him to see it yet, so I waved him off.

I took the test and waited patiently for a little while, then went to check on it.

I have a cry of joy as I saw the result.

Negative.