CHAPTER 11 - THE ONE I'VE BEEN CHASING

- Destiny -

I hated this man. 

His cocky smile, his charming gestures, his odd demeanor and ever-changing mood swings.

And I wanted more of him.

"Our pair is down there. The guy rushing down those steps is Caden Jones and the lady by the pole dancing stage is Cassidy Rose," he informed me.

He was pressed up behind me, pointing the two people out to me as we leaned against the railing of the second floor.

"What do we do now?" I asked quietly, my heart pounding wildly inside me at our closeness.

I stay true to my word, he smelt amazing.

He glanced down at me, the gold in his eyes captivating me, "We shoot them."

I raised an eyebrow, "Shoot them with what?"

Then I realised the two heavy cases resting in a booth just a distance away.

"With a bow and arrow of course," Eros mumbled matter of factly and I scoffed.

He gave me a look as he opened one case, revealing a magnificent golden bow with delicate Greek designs, he wasn't kidding.

"How funny of you, cupid knock off," I remarked and he chuckled, shaking his head.

He opened the second case, revealing two sleek arrows with strong cherry scents, "Cupid that fucker has taken most of the credit for what I've done. Pay no more attention to him Princess, I'm the real deal."

Mmm...

A shiver coursed through me at his confidence, but the stubborn part of me acted nonchalant about it, "Well then, show me how it's done."

He smirked, really handsomely and slipped the arrow onto the bow, "I hope you like watching people get hurt."

"Not as much as you do," I remarked drily.

He gave me a playful look and pulled the string, aiming it at the man he mentioned earlier and let the arrow fly.

I watched as the arrow hit his heart and my mouth fell open, I can't believe I'm letting him do this.

The man lurched forward very slightly and the arrow vanished into thin air. 

What in the world?

The man blinked for a moment then his gaze zoned in on the lady he was supposed to be paired with. She stepped up on the stage, her legs wobbly, probably from drinking.

Eros touched my hand and I felt a warmth scorch through me.

"The arrows disappear the moment they hit their target. Leaving nothing but the lust and passion in their veins," his voice dropped an octave and I gasped, feeling his arm snake around my waist.

He dipped his head down to my neck and he breathed in deeply. I leaned into his touch and pressed my body up against his

He pulled away and placed the bow in my hand, "I'll guide you."

My eyes widened, "Me?"

Eros nodded and strung the second arrow, taking my hands to grip everything in position.

His own huge hands guided and covered mine, his body pressing against my back.

I sneaked a peek to look at him and he pressed his lips to the side of my head, "Focus Destiny, we only have one shot."