CHAPTER 22 - I'LL FIX YOU WITH MY LOVE

- Destiny -

I could see it, so clearly in my mind.

Eros kneeling in front of his mother, she was holding a girl up, the girl looked close to dead.

I watched intently as Eros begged for her life. Begged for her to be spared from the punishment his mother would incur. 

The pain and sorrow in his eyes, the sadness as his fearful eyes looked up at the girl. 

He had given up, given up on them. Given up on life, he was ready for the punishment.

The girl looked pretty, she looked somewhat like me but she was different. When Payne said she looked like me I wondered just how similar we were.

But I realised other than our hair, we looked completely unalike.

Her features were more mellowed as compared to mine.

Rain crashed down, thunder roared and lightning flashed.

I could feel the desolation in the air, it was thick and heavy. It was from Eros.

My heart was full, happy, I couldn't understand the despair he was going through.

But as the rain seeped into my hair, my skin, my pores, I could feel it, the grief he was feeling.

I wanted it to stop. To stop hurting him.

I wanted Eros to be happy.

I flew over somehow, my body moving naturally through the air as if nothing was wrong, as if Aphrodite wasn't yelling and screaming into the dark space.

As if that girl, Psyche wasn't floating in the air like a ghost. As if nothing mattered.

And it didn't. The only thing that did, was Eros.

I wanted to take all his pain away.

My body was glowing a bright gold, like I was the sun. I was probably the only warm thing here in this cold place.

I stood in front of Eros, his body shaking, the loneliness, the fear.

I knelt down gently, tilting his chin up to look at me.

His cold breath was shaky, his eyes disoriented, focusing everywhere else but me.

"Look at me," I ordered.

And he did.

His eyes bored into mine, he stopped trembling, I could feel my warmth seep into him.

I smiled, happy that he wasn't cold anymore, "Eros, don't be so hard on yourself."

His eyes darted behind me for a moment but his gaze travelled back to me, "I did that to her."

My forehead creased, I didn't understand why he felt that way, "No, feeling for someone isn't your fault my dear."

The space we were in was lighting up, the rain, the howling wind, the lightning, the thunder, it all stopped.

Eros looked at me, only at me. His mother's screaming disappeared, the ghostly figure of that girl vanished and bright sunlight shone down on us.

I grinned, satisfied that Eros wasn't feeling sad anymore, wasn't in pain anymore. He was better now.

"I need to leave, you'll be fine," I whispered and ran my finger down his flawless cheek, my warmth soothing him further.

He closed his eyes, relishing in my presence.